Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Peyton to be released

I still think that Seattle is the best location for him and he is still open to NFC teams. However, Seattle does not really need Wayne on their team as they have plenty of WRs currently and they do not play in a dome. Wayne would be a good leader for their WRs but I do not see Seattle picking up both and if Peyton agrees that they will be a package deal I will lean more towards Miami.

Why would there be a package deal? And I think its the truth about competing with his brother. The way Peyton is and how close they are it makes perfect sense. He'll stay in the AFC and he has a house in Miami and they could use him and more importantly want him. Its a no brainer its Miami.

Peyton to Broncos, Tebow and a 2nd to Jags for MJD.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Why would there be a package deal? And I think its the truth about competing with his brother. The way Peyton is and how close they are it makes perfect sense. He'll stay in the AFC and he has a house in Miami and they could use him and more importantly want him. Its a no brainer its Miami.

Reggie Wayne apparently said he was a package deal with Peyton and appears to be heading wherever Peyton goes as long as that team will take him as well. I am not sure Peyton is thinking the same thing but it would not hurt to have Wayne with him as they have been playing together for so long and know exactly what the other is thinking before the snap.

Jeff Saturday has been linked to Peyton as well. He said if he plays again it will only be with Peyton.

So a team that needs a QB, C, and WR could cash in big.

[color=#551A8B said:
Rich what? Richmond![/color]]Jeff Saturday has been linked to Peyton as well. He said if he plays again it will only be with Peyton.

So a team that needs a QB, C, and WR could cash in big.

Wow...Could be some serious offensive upgrades depending on the team. True loyalty to their leader though for saying those things. Makes you wonder if anybody else that leaves Indy will try to follow Peyton. I believe Garcon is a free agent this year as well...

I hope whereever he goes I don't completely hate the team because I root for Peyton.

Indy just released their entire team. I think that alcoholic owner of theirs is back on the sauce.

[color=#551A8B said:
Rich what? Richmond![/color]]Adam Schefter saying that Peyton doesn't want to play in the NFC and specifically the NFC East because he doesn't want to take from Eli's SB chances. No Arizona, Seattle, etc.

Schefter stole that from Marshall Faulk's mouth.

mhughes0021 said:
Indy just released their entire team. I think that alcoholic owner of theirs is back on the sauce.

I think he had too. They stunk last season, lost their HOF QB and needed cap space. IMO, it actually helps Luck rather than have a bunch of vets who aren't at their best anymore. And if they get a nice haul for the Freak, needed youth or draft picks they can start winning games sooner.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
mhughes0021 said:

I think he had too. They stunk last season, lost their HOF QB and needed cap space. IMO, it actually helps Luck rather than have a bunch of vets who aren't at their best anymore. And if they get a nice haul for the Freak, needed youth or draft picks they can start winning games sooner.
thats alot of ifs. If they sign no one of importance and dont trade freeney then they are a joke and luck gets murdered all year....vets are probably a good thing to have when your qb has 0 nfl starts. Unless you go out and get vjax and nicks I think it was a dumb move. Sounds like hes bored and drunk and just wants something different....like madden when youre sick of the game after 2 seasons so then you create a team and do a fantasy draft. Problem is he wont have a fantasy team....hes going to be left with scraps.

mhughes0021 said:
[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]

thats alot of ifs. If they sign no one of importance and dont trade freeney then they are a joke and luck gets murdered all year....vets are probably a good thing to have when your qb has 0 nfl starts. Unless you go out and get vjax and nicks I think it was a dumb move. Sounds like hes bored and drunk and just wants something different....like madden when youre sick of the game after 2 seasons so then you create a team and do a fantasy draft. Problem is he wont have a fantasy team....hes going to be left with scraps.

They were going to be a joke anyway. Might as well start the rebuild asap.

Back