Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Rothstein's prediction -- ESPN

Byco, why is putting the Lions at 8-8 "lazy?" It's just as probable as any other outcome. I think they'll finish 8-8 because they are a .500 team. If they are 9-7, or 7-9, I won't be surprised either way.

8-8 is because the media scares you into it or your emotions from past years.

True knowledge and talent assessment you would put them at 11-5 or at least 10-6 (earned not luck). This is more proable than any other record by a wide margin.

If the writer is assuming the Lions are mediocre, then 8-8 is about as mediocre as it gets.

They have the Lions projected at 364 points scored. 30 less than last year. Da fuck?

Dood no worries...we have Richard Sherman on our bench.

Funny thing is we should have Sherman on our bench instead of a 4th string RB. The pick we traded up with Seattle to get Leshoure was used to draft Sherman three picks later. Depressing. Mayhew sucks

Funny thing is we should have Sherman on our bench instead of a 4th string RB. The pick we traded up with Seattle to get Leshoure was used to draft Sherman three picks later. Depressing. Mayhew sucks

Dood leshoure is awesome. Quality depth incase 4 rbs in front of him get injured. Just like broyles! Who needs richard sherman when you have greenwood and cassius Vaughn! All 2nd rd picks should just be stashed away on the bench and fade away into obscurity! Who needs production!?

They have the Lions projected at 364 points scored. 30 less than last year. Da fuck?

Yup. This is basically what made me not take this article seriously at all. We had trash last season at WR other than Calvin. We upgraded the offense with new weapons, so we score less?

Yup. This is basically what made me not take this article seriously at all. We had trash last season at WR other than Calvin. We upgraded the offense with new weapons, so we score less?

new coach, new ocord, new weapons and a entire preseason where the offense didn't score except the 1st quarter of the raiders game. Most non lions fans would say were going to score less. But the realistic picture is we only scored 4 more points than Minnesota last year.....so if we score more its not like that's a GOOD thing. Scoring more would basically make us average.

Oh if that happens, how hilarious would that be??!! First, the whole Drayton Florence thread. And now comparisons of Greenwood to Sherman, and they may cut him too!!! HAHAHAHAH

Greenwood not cut yet dummy. Rothstein is an idiot. Cutting him doesn't mean he's not good. He could be on the PS or excel for another team. He has the makings of a very good player.

Numbers game with Lawson and two hurt safeties now.

Last edited:
I love how you give yourself an out with anything.

"Cutting him doesn't mean he's not good."

Uh, yeah it does. That's generally why players are cut/released from teams. They aren't good enough to play on their squad.

If he has the makings of a good player, he wouldn't be cut. The Lions AMAZING coaching staff would be able to see that.

I doubt Greenwood gets cut but if he is and Seisay is the guy who beats him out, thats flippin embarrassing for Sherman Greenwood.

Greenwood not cut yet dummy. Rothstein is an idiot. Cutting him doesn't mean he's not good. He could be on the PS or excel for another team. He has the makings of a very good player.

Numbers game with Lawson and two hurt safeties now.

Wouldn't that mean that the Lions brain trust didn't have a clue what they were doing? How could it possibly be ok to cut Richard Sherman?

I love how you give yourself an out with anything.

"Cutting him doesn't mean he's not good."

Uh, yeah it does. That's generally why players are cut/released from teams. They aren't good enough to play on their squad.

If he has the makings of a good player, he wouldn't be cut. The Lions AMAZING coaching staff would be able to see that.

We have 4 other amazing CBs and a rookie 4th rounder. And we need an extra safety and WR. Greenwood is going to be a stud. Just wait.

4 other "amazing" CBs. HAHAHA.

You are making my Friday much better. Thanks man.

Back