Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Sit, stand, kneel, or do whatever you like for the National Anthem

But what about ...
But what about ...
But what about ...
But what about ...
But what about ...
But what about ...
But what about ...
But what about ...
But what about ...
But what about ...
But what about ...
But what about ...
But what about ...
But what about ...
But what about ...
But what about ...

I just learned this.

Apparently the government of the United States and the NFL Who is started politicizing the football game events.

Go back up the thread and this is one of my first replies. The US Govt paid the NFL to promote the military before games. As an NFL season ticket holder, we noticed that change and honestly, its fucking annoying. I'm at the stadium for the GAME ...for some diversion from bullshit. Not to be inundated with pro-military propaganda.

Fuck Trump.

If the owner of the venue wants to do that and accept whatever positive or negative repercussions that come with it, then why not? Private party speech vs. private party speech is mostly about accepting the consequences as private entities.

Its too bad that the RW has so co-opted "patriotism" since the turn of the century, that I no longer want to see or participate in anything even remotely associated with it.

Last edited:
Go back up the thread and this is one of my first replies. The US Govt paid the NFL to promote the military before games. As an NFL season ticket holder, we noticed that change and honestly, its fucking annoying. I'm at the stadium for the GAME ...for some diversion from bullshit. Not to be inundated with pro-military propaganda.

Fuck Trump.

Yes after I posted the link I remembered you had posted something of this nature.

I've heard people bitching about the players politicizing their (the people that are bitching) diversion from the day-to-day bullshit that we all put up with.

Turns out the players aren't the ones who started to politicize anything.

Last edited:
LMAO ...the fuck face doesn't even know the words to God Bless America.

What a complete piece of shit.

It seems like they have been playing the anthem before baseball games as long as I can remember.

Meh. Singing along to some, but not most of the song is one of those trivial things I wish people wouldn't complain about.

Back