Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The annual Way to early but not really 2021 Draft Thread!

Zack wilson tore it up in his bowl game. 4 tds in first half. 425 yds. Pick him.

Last edited:
Zack wilson tore it up in his bowl game. 4 tds in first half. 425 yds. Pick him.

That UCF defense. Sure it's the same as shredding the Bears

I do like Wilson over Trask and the ND State guy though if the new GM goes that risky route

I think there may be 6 QBs taken in the first round this year.

Lawrence
Fields
Lance
Wilson
Jones
Trask

I think Lance is a question mark due to the competition but who knows, he could be the next Josh Allen.

Current draft order of teams that could draft a QB

Jags 1-13
Jets 1-13
Panthers 4-10
Falcons 4-10
49ers 5-9
Dallas 5-9
Lions 5-9
NE 6-8

I do like Wilson over Trask and the ND State guy though if the new GM goes that risky route

Pretty much thinking that Wilson will be a R1 pick. Nothing risky about picking the heir-apparent at QB. Should have happened already. Organizations with vision do not run them the way that the Lions do. I have questions about Wilson, but I don't know enough to state whether the Lions should get him at 11-13.

Last edited:
Pretty much thinking that Wilson will be a R1 pick. Nothing risky about picking the heir-apparent at QB. Should have happened already. Organizations with vision do not run them the way that the Lions do. I have questions about Wilson, but I don't know enough to state whether the Lions should get him at 11-13.

picking a QB from BYU to try to replace HOF QB even in Round 1 is risky

picking a QB from BYU to try to replace HOF QB even in Round 1 is risky

what team are you talking about, New Orleans or the Steelers? Ben and Brees are the only two HOF QBs that are close to being replaced. Matt isn't even remotely close to being considered a HOF QB.

Maybe Matt Ryan or Rivers? They are closer to a HOF QB than Matt, but IMO, those guys probably fall short.

We have the first QB to ever do absolutely nothing and make the hall. Awesome.

We're 19th in ppg. 0 points against a shitty Panthers defense. Dont pretend like stafford just goes out there and "shreds it up" every game.

Overall not that great of a week for our draft spot still tied for 8-10.
4 win teams: phi cin hou atl
5 win teams: den car nyg

My first mock: please fix this defense and get a pass rusher.

1) Azeez Ojulari DE, Georgia
He'll end up a top 10 pick after the combine. Get him or parsons.

2) Trevon Moehrig S, TCU
2nd safety on the board will fall this year.

3) Cameron McGrone LB, michigan
We need 3 new LBs... atleast.

4) Nico Collins WR, michigan
50/50 jump ball guy replaces the 50/50 jump ball guy that wants 18 million.

Last edited:
My first mock: please fix this defense and get a pass rusher.

1) Azeez Ojulari DE, Georgia
He'll end up a top 10 pick after the combine. Get him or parsons.

2) Trevon Moehrig S, TCU
2nd safety on the board will fall this year.

3) Cameron McGrone LB, michigan
We need 3 new LBs... atleast.

4) Nico Collins WR, michigan
50/50 jump ball guy replaces the 50/50 jump ball guy that wants 18 million.
Not sure what the LB class looks like but we need..

1. LB
2. LB
3. LB

QB is still my guy at #1 with the gazillion potential franchise QBs there are.

I think a LOT of what is helping GB is that Rodgers felt that pressure when GB drafted Love. It's no coincidence he is having arguably his best season in the NFL. Stafford has NEVER felt any type of pressure to get better for this team- he knows his job is safe and the organization is absolutely terrified of him.

There's no better time to take a QB in the top 10. Stafford's done here, and if it motivates him to have a great year with the Lions, cool. He's not the answer anymore. Because Fields had an amazing game on the biggest stage yesterday, that's going to provide more options for the Lions. You can PROBABLY get Wilson now.

Quit dicking around and drafting 6th or 7th round QBs that will not be on this team next year.

I think a LOT of what is helping GB is that Rodgers felt that pressure when GB drafted Love. It's no coincidence he is having arguably his best season in the NFL. Stafford has NEVER felt any type of pressure to get better for this team- he knows his job is safe and the organization is absolutely terrified of him.

There's no better time to take a QB in the top 10. Stafford's done here, and if it motivates him to have a great year with the Lions, cool. He's not the answer anymore. Because Fields had an amazing game on the biggest stage yesterday, that's going to provide more options for the Lions. You can PROBABLY get Wilson now.

Quit dicking around and drafting 6th or 7th round QBs that will not be on this team next year.
I always thought don't get a QB until you have a much better team around you. But I'm tired of looking at Stafford's face. I look at Buffalo, they drafted Josh Allen, their defense was as bad as ours was but by the following season they were one of the best.

Last edited:

Im on board with qb if we can trade Stafford for multiple picks. Lions only have 5 picks next year. If we keep statford i don't think we can afford to waste a pick on a qb.

Im on board with qb if we can trade Stafford for multiple picks. Lions only have 5 picks next year. If we keep statford i don't think we can afford to waste a pick on a qb.
We're going to be bad next season even if we go defense a lot. But a QB, then defense, then defense again in 2022 draft ..

Back