Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The annual Way to early but not really 2021 Draft Thread!

A Yahoo article has Detroit taking WR Jaylen Waddle at 7. Coming off a broken ankle he's perfect for Detroit. Lol.

Baramore with a hell of a college football semi and just destroyed Ohio state in the final. 310 lb dt that can cause pressure will get some top 10 talk after today.

Maybe Mac Jones after his big night. Move back in the draft, get extra pick or two and take him.

A Yahoo article has Detroit taking WR Jaylen Waddle at 7. Coming off a broken ankle he's perfect for Detroit. Lol.

If you are going to avoid every player with an injury then you will end up recruiting players who were not even used much during practices and would not even appear in any team's selections of Undrafted players.

A broken ankle is something that will heal. He came back to soon attempting to play in the Championship. That shows heart and desire. It is doubtful that D Smith will be available, and Waddle would have taken catches away from him if he had stayed healthy such that Smith would not likely have won the Heisman and Waddle would likely have been a bigger target last night. Not a knock on Smith, just saying Waddle is equally good, maybe a very minimal downgrade from Smith, which is why Smith will likely already be off the board by the time the Lions pick. But by your logic, even if Smith was available we should not take him because he now has a hand injury and hands are very important for catching the football so he is likely to be another Sir-Drops-A-Lot if he joins the Lions, so they should not take him if available.

I'm not opposed to going all D, but going with Waddle or Smith to provide some degree of threat at WR is acceptable. Then again, it would be very difficult to draft anyone in R1 that would not improve the team to a very large degree. I would even say Surtain would be a smart pick even though they got Okudah last year. Really difficult to find anyone that would not improve the Lions with a Best on Board R1 pick.

Last edited:
If you are going to avoid every player with an injury then you will end up recruiting players who were not even used much during practices and would not even appear in any team's selections of Undrafted players.

A broken ankle is something that will heal. He came back to soon attempting to play in the Championship. That shows heart and desire. It is doubtful that D Smith will be available, and Waddle would have taken catches away from him if he had stayed healthy such that Smith would not likely have won the Heisman and Waddle would likely have been a bigger target last night. Not a knock on Smith, just saying Waddle is equally good, maybe a very minimal downgrade from Smith, which is why Smith will likely already be off the board by the time the Lions pick. But by your logic, even if Smith was available we should not take him because he now has a hand injury and hands are very important for catching the football so he is likely to be another Sir-Drops-A-Lot if he joins the Lions, so they should not take him if available.

I'm not opposed to going all D, but going with Waddle or Smith to provide some degree of threat at WR is acceptable. Then again, it would be very difficult to draft anyone in R1 that would not improve the team to a very large degree. I would even say Surtain would be a smart pick even though they got Okudah last year. Really difficult to find anyone that would not improve the Lions with a Best on Board R1 pick.

A lot of guys don't get injured and we haven't had much luck with. Plus a WR at 7 is just stupid with this defense.

Discovered this mock draft simulator today, even has mock trades, pretty neat.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/mockdraft/

Dicking around with it today, traded almost all the original picks away for #29, #48, three 3rds, six 4ths, and an early 5th. Also accumulated four 2022 2nds and one 3rd. Get it done Holmes.

Dicking around with it today, traded almost all the original picks away for #29, #48, three 3rds, six 4ths, and an early 5th. Also accumulated four 2022 2nds and one 3rd. Get it done Holmes.

Fun...Pats offered a trade up to 7 for their 1st and 2nd. Defense fixed.

DET

Kwity Paye
EDGE Michigan
trade icon
DET

Andre Cisco
S Syracuse
DET

Terrace Marshall Jr.
WR LSU
trade icon
DET

Jabril Cox
LB LSU

Last edited:

I did their mock and at fast 7 they selected Zack Wilson QB. At normal 7 they selected Justin Fields. At slow 7 they selected Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah.

That was fun.

damn you. Now my afternoon is shot.

My draft (all taken in rounds 2-5)
Mac Jones
Daviyon Nixon DT
Pete Werner LB
Jordan Smith Edge
Elija Molden CB
Tommy Togiai DT
Victor Dimukeje Edge
Kary Vincent CB
Trey Sermon RB
Merlin Robertson LB

Picked up the following picks for 2022
Bills 2nd
Houston 2nd
Balt 2nd
Eagles 3rd
Bills 7th

DET

Chazz Surratt
LB North Carolina
trade icon
DET

Quincy Roche
EDGE Miami (FL)
trade icon
DET

Tommy Togiai
DT Ohio State
trade icon
DET

Seth Williams
WR Auburn
DET

Victor Dimukeje
EDGE Duke
trade icon
DET

Aashari Crosswell
S Arizona State
trade icon
DET

Marvin Wilson
DT Florida State
trade icon
DET

Merlin Robertson
LB Arizona State
trade icon
DET

Kellen Mond
QB Texas A&M
trade icon
DET

Tony Fields II
LB West Virginia
trade icon
DET

Trevon Grimes
WR Florida
trade icon
DET

Alaric Jackson
OT Iowa
trade icon
DET

Kylin Hill
RB Mississippi State
trade icon
DET

Josh Imatorbhebhe
WR Illinois
trade icon
DET

Justin Hilliard
LB Ohio State
trade icon
2022 LAC 2nd
2022 IND 2nd
2022 HOU 2nd
2022 NYG 2nd
2022 LAC 3rd
2022 CIN 3rd
2022 WAS 3rd
2022 PHI 3rd
2022 NYG 3rd
2022 PHI 4th
2022 TEN 4th
2022 KC 5th

Did another, just adding bodies to the D and trying to get as many good 2022 picks as possible.

Carlos Basham Edge
Victor Dimukeje Edge
Tre Sermon RB
Sharles Snowden LB
Merlin Robertson LB
Mane Oggongbenmiga LB
Darius Stills DT

2022 picks
NE 1st
NYG 1st
MN 1st
Balt 2nd
Pitt 2nd
Atl 3rd

now I'm just wasting time...thanks to whoever came up with this simulator

added two edge rushers...lo
Jordan Smith UAB
Victor Dimukeje, Duke

Got some good picks next year
NE 1st
Cle 1st
MN 1st
KC 1st
LV 1st
Settle 3rd

well, I fixed the front 4 but no LBs lol

Jayson Oweh, Edge PSU
Asante Samuel Jr, CB FSU
Ronnie Perkins, Edge OK
Jordan Smith, Edge, UAB
Joe Tyrom, Edge, Washington
Tommy Togiai, DT OSU
Brain Robinson, RB Alabama

2022 picks
1st Indy
1st Rams

All-in for 2022!

DET

Charles Snowden
LB Virginia
trade icon
DET

Marquez Stevenson
WR Houston
trade icon
2022 WAS 1st
2022 CAR 2nd
2022 CIN 2nd
2022 KC 2nd
2022 TB 2nd
2022 BAL 2nd
2022 CIN 3rd
2022 CLE 3rd
2022 SEA 3rd
2022 CHI 3rd
2022 GB 3rd
2022 NYJ 4th
2022 SEA 4th
2022 NYG 4th
2022 NYG 5th

not much for future picks but I think I picked 5 starters

DeVana Smith
Wyatt Davis
Jaelan Phillips Edge
Dylan Moses LB
Quincy Roche Edge

Car 2nd
NYG 3rd

My first post statford mock. I'll have another first to address defensive front 7 on top of this. Im guessing the pick would be zaven collins or nick Bolton.

Trey Lance

QB*North Dakota State

Carlos Basham Jr.

EDGE*Wake Forest

Andre Cisco

S*Syracuse

Nico Collins

WR*Michigan

Marquez Stevenson

WR*Houston

Brian Robinson

RB*Alabama

Jack Sanborn

LB*Wisconsin

I would love for Detroit to consider the following possibility:

Trade Stafford to Jets for their R1.

Trade with Jax to move up to #1 overall and draft Trevor Lawrence.

What would Detroit need to give up to make that work? Not as much as one might think. Jets have been a rumored option for Stafford and Meyer might actually prefer Fields...so you could sit at #2 and wait for Jax to draft TL then offer to trade for him.

Sell the farm if necessary, but I do not think it requires THAT much to go after TL.

Maybe Lions give up a R2? Maybe they can get that back in a Golladay trade.

If doing a complete rebuild, then go after the #1 stud QB. It is a potential option if Detroit gets aggressive.

Back