Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The New Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Conley Never wanted to be at UofM. I hope we work on the DLine with these last few spots.

What a piece of shit. And the reason I say that is, is because NO ONE wanted this kid at first. It was UM and UM only as far as big schools were concerned. He commits, a little time goes by, and other schools start getting interested. Especially Ohio*, who's radar he wasnt even on. Don't fucking commit to someone, if you are waiting for another offer. That's shitty as far as i'm concerned. I wonder if Michigan had beat Ohio*, if he would have ever decommitted. But, you know what, when I was growing up you were either UM or Ohio. No matter if both schools offered, that kid knew where he was going. The in-betweeners were few and far between(people like Spielman). I guess its changed. Kids will go anywhere now with the promise of money, tats, NFL dreams, and which team won that particular year.

What a piece of shit. And the reason I say that is, is because NO ONE wanted this kid at first. It was UM and UM only as far as big schools were concerned. He commits, a little time goes by, and other schools start getting interested. Especially Ohio*, who's radar he wasnt even on. Don't fucking commit to someone, if you are waiting for another offer. That's shitty as far as i'm concerned. I wonder if Michigan had beat Ohio*, if he would have ever decommitted. But, you know what, when I was growing up you were either UM or Ohio. No matter if both schools offered, that kid knew where he was going. The in-betweeners were few and far between(people like Spielman). I guess its changed. Kids will go anywhere now with the promise of money, tats, NFL dreams, and which team won that particular year.

Try and remember you're calling a 17-18 year old a piece of shit.. :no:

Try and remember you're calling a 17-18 year old a piece of shit.. :no:

Yes, I am. If he would have opted for LSU, USC, ALA, whomever, fine. Would have said, sayanara. But do not commit to the University of Michigan and decommit to go to our piece of shit rival. Boren was a cocksucker for ever doing that. He could have went anywhere, but he decided to be a piece of shit and go to ohio*. It's a loyalty thing that I, myself, totally believe in. If Conley never committed to Michigan, this isnt even an issue.

ironic the angst michigan fans have for the few that were/are "Michigan's" yet conveniently ignore that they jam their shelves full with Ohio born players.

Them's the breaks with recruiting.

I think people overstate what kids used to be like.....for upwards of 30 years and beyond recruiting has been a dirty game. Yea it was much more localized in the past because of the lack of TV exposure for other programs..outside of Notre Dame no program was seen on midwestern TV set's like OSU/UM were. But we have all made decisions on our lives that maybe we changed our minds on whether it be a job, our own college choice, etc... so to be angry at an 18 year old for that is a bit over the top.

Last edited by a moderator:
Patrick Kugler's father reportedly accepted the Head Coaching position at his alma mater, UTEP. Normally I wouldn't fear a top OL prospect choosing to go to UTEP, nor would I fear a UM verbal backing out to go to UTEP, but this changes things.

Kugler's HS team is playing in the PA Quad A semi-finals today, but will be interesting to see if he tweets anything or if anyone asks him if this affects his UM commitment.

EDIT: Per Patrick's twitter, he's still committed to UM. But man, who could blame him for leaving? On the one hand, I'd have loved to have played for my father. But on the other, no one would blame him for going to a big time program.

Last edited:
Jimmy, you completely missed the point here. The kid was COMMITTED to Michigan, and ended up at OSU. Being born in Ohio has nothing to do with it. I expect programs to pilfer tons of players from other states, that's the nature of the business.

Yes, I am. If he would have opted for LSU, USC, ALA, whomever, fine. Would have said, sayanara. But do not commit to the University of Michigan and decommit to go to our piece of shit rival. Boren was a cocksucker for ever doing that. He could have went anywhere, but he decided to be a piece of shit and go to ohio*. It's a loyalty thing that I, myself, totally believe in. If Conley never committed to Michigan, this isnt even an issue.

You are a horrible fan and human being in general.

Last edited:
Delano Hill has no committed as well.

not familiar with this guy

was reading that Michigan can take like 7 more players. I don't see how, but I'd guess the coaches know more than us.

Dawson brings that down to 6

so was committed to Iowa

4 star safety in the 2013 class

I guess that brings us down to 5 spots... still don't know how they're getting that, but that's what has been reported.

Cass Tech kid, Rivals has offers from Iowa, Illinois, Pitt, Syracuse. 4-star kid, was committed to Iowa.

Sam Webb ‏@SamWebb77

New #Michigan commit Delano Hill in Ann Arbor now, so says he will comment later

Speed Kills ‏@mspeedkills

4-star OL David Dawson and 4-star CB Delano Hill have just committed to Michigan! #Hokeamania

Steve Lorenz ‏@TremendousUM

Delano Hill just texted me also to say he has committed to #Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back