Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The New Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was confirmed on Scout, haven't heard much from it yet, maybe they can stop in on Treadwell as well.

I really dont understand why with the OL recruits we have that a star RB wouldnt want to play here. We are also an offense that will be more run based than others. I dont think the B12 ever runs anymore.

I really dont understand why with the OL recruits we have that a star RB wouldnt want to play here. We are also an offense that will be more run based than others. I dont think the B12 ever runs anymore.

If you pull in a great OL class and if they develop, a good runner has a chance to be great. The great Michigan teams of the past dominated the line of scrimmage. Good runners can get the job done.

If you pull in a great OL class and if they develop, a good runner has a chance to be great. The great Michigan teams of the past dominated the line of scrimmage. Good runners can get the job done.

If you eat a balanced diet and exercise regularly, a healthy lifestyle can be a boatload of fun. People who eat right and exercise tend to be healthier and more productive. Toss in some 'Can Do' moxy and you've got yourself a recipe for success.

If you eat a balanced diet and exercise regularly, a healthy lifestyle can be a boatload of fun. People who eat right and exercise tend to be healthier and more productive. Toss in some 'Can Do' moxy and you've got yourself a recipe for success.

Sarcasm is ok, can be clever even. This, however, is the Recruiting thread. You should probably keep it to football.

Last edited:
Sarcasm is ok, can be clever even. This, however, is the Recruiting thread. You should probably keep it to football.

Right back at you, Captain Cliche!!

Sarcasm may be weak humor, but that was intelligent parody on my part.

Now, as for Treadwell and Isaac and so forth..

Right back at you, Captain Cliche!!

Sarcasm may be weak humor, but that was intelligent parody on my part.

Right back at you = Step behind

Life lesson for all: Red flags go up when one self-proclaims their intelligence. Better to let others make the observation.

I suggest that we give jwlosu some slack. We need some outside perspective. Make allowances for his Buckeye affliction. He seems to me to be a balanced sort for the most part. Give me a reason to not have this opinion.

I suggest that we give jwlosu some slack. We need some outside perspective. Make allowances for his Buckeye affliction. He seems to me to be a balanced sort for the most part. Give me a reason to not have this opinion.

Interesting thing about your post is that the reason I'm here, and was previously on the essentially dead ESPN board, is for outside perspective. I'm not here to unnecessarily tweak or troll. The Buckeye bubble is a fun place to be on game days but it's not so interesting in between. At least for me, outside perspective is a good thing.

Last edited:
Right back at you = Step behind

Life lesson for all: Red flags go up when one self-proclaims their intelligence. Better to let others make the observation.

and you're like Capt Obvious with your unwanted, not-so-astute observations.

No one likes you. Go away.

This morning.....
Steve Lorenz ‏@TremendousUM

From last night, we talked about Gareon Conley reaffirming his commitment to Michigan: http://bit.ly/XY5r4h

This afternoon....

Wow RT @Miles11W BREAKING: Gareon Conley confirms to me he has de-committed from #Michigan. Will take an official to #OhioState.

And now....
Mark ‏@Mgobluegr

With the decommitment on Conley, Michigan only has three High School All-American cornerbacks already committed in the 2013 class...

Last edited:
and you're like Capt Obvious with your unwanted, not-so-astute observations.

No one likes you. Go away.

Create a new thread and take a poll. If you get a minimum of 15 unique participants and if 10 of those (2/3 vote) tell me to fuck off, I'll abide. If you get more than 15 unique participants, 2/3 vote will be the determining factor. Your vote, by the way, doesn't count.

Last edited:
Please stop fucking up the recruiting thread... It was deleted once because of crap like this.

Thanks!

Please stop fucking up the recruiting thread... It was deleted once because of crap like this.

Thanks!

Agree. That's why I instructed Hungry to create a new thread and reminded Vic that this is, in fact, the Recruiting thread.

Last edited:
The last one was deleted because someone thought he was tomvh.. It was the tbs of this board.

Very funny.

This morning.....

From last night, we talked about Gareon Conley reaffirming his commitment to Michigan: http://bit.ly/XY5r4h

This afternoon....

Wow RT @Miles11W BREAKING: Gareon Conley confirms to me he has de-committed from #Michigan. Will take an official to #OhioState.

And now....
Mark ‏@Mgobluegr

With the decommitment on Conley, Michigan only has three High School All-American cornerbacks already committed in the 2013 class...

So its no big worry about the Conley decommit?

Meyer's recruiting M.O. is to "flip" guys at the 11th hour by convincing them that they won't see the field where they're currently committed but that they will if they come play for him. I would expect more of this drama queen crap as we roll into the off-season.

And this is the Recruiting Thread and is a great resource for updates and information. I couldn't care less who posts to it or what opinions are expressed, but a hollow, generic bumpersticker post about nothing deserves to be mocked.

And I am intelligent and proud of the fact. Going through life as a complete idiot might be easier, but what's the point?

Last edited:
Meyer's recruiting M.O. is to "flip" guys at the 11th hour by convincing them that they won't see the field where they're currently committed but that they will if they come play for him. I would expect more of this drama queen crap as we roll into the off-season.

Why don't the kids see through this like we do? It just seems to me that Meyer is the greasy, car salesman type of guy that will sell you a lemon just so that he can make a sale.

Meyer is a complete scumbag, which makes him similar to many other CFB head coaches. He leveraged the opening at ND to land the Florida job when his contract at Utah had allowances for him to pursue openings at "Notre Dame, Michigan or Ohio State" --- his THREE "dream jobs" (depending on the book or quote, he's talked about all three being such). A guy in our office played OL in CFB and was recruited by some D-I schools like Minnesota, N Illinois, etc. A teammate of his was more heavily recruited by bigger programs and he's said this about Meyer since he was at Florida and is himself a HUGE ND fan -- saying he's glad ND didn't hire Meyer.

All coaches lie on the recruiting trail, some more than others. But whereas Hoke and staff have a policy prohibiting commits from taking visits elsewhere and schools like Texas seem to get kids to commit very, very early .... Meyer lurks and waits and then "flips" guys.

Ohio* fans will make a big deal out of any kid that flips for Meyer but it happens every year and all over the place. It will be blown out of proportion just as HandshakeGate has been.

Then why doesn't college football implement an early signing period? They do it for basketball.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back