Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The New Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meyer is a complete scumbag, which makes him similar to many other CFB head coaches. He leveraged the opening at ND to land the Florida job when his contract at Utah had allowances for him to pursue openings at "Notre Dame, Michigan or Ohio State" --- his THREE "dream jobs" (depending on the book or quote, he's talked about all three being such). A guy in our office played OL in CFB and was recruited by some D-I schools like Minnesota, N Illinois, etc. A teammate of his was more heavily recruited by bigger programs and he's said this about Meyer since he was at Florida and is himself a HUGE ND fan -- saying he's glad ND didn't hire Meyer.

All coaches lie on the recruiting trail, some more than others. But whereas Hoke and staff have a policy prohibiting commits from taking visits elsewhere and schools like Texas seem to get kids to commit very, very early .... Meyer lurks and waits and then "flips" guys.

Ohio* fans will make a big deal out of any kid that flips for Meyer but it happens every year and all over the place. It will be blown out of proportion just as HandshakeGate has been.

I for one love the "no visits" policy implemented by the staff. Its all apart of being a grown up, once you give your word to somebody, that word should stick.

According to ESPN, Kenny Lacy (Phoenix/Mountain Pointe) was offered by Wolverines offensive line coach Darrell Funk on Tuesday. Story goes on to say he was offered by OSU on Thursday. The problem, again according to ESPN, is that he's already committed to UCLA.

Is it possible that both the Wolverines and Buckeyes are going after kids already committed?

All coaches go after some kids that are already committed somewhere else if they have shown signs of interest in their school and have a need at that position. The difference with meyer is that he goes after kids specifically in conference to take them from schools he has to play against. He tells the recruits whatever they want to hear even if it isnt true in order to try to get them to flip. This is his MO and always has been. Look at the hoopla that happened last year with wisconsin. Thats why he is a slimeball.

Last edited:
Wow.....

from @umgoblog

RT @AllenTrieu: Michigan has re-offered David Dawson and he will visit December 14

Gotta figure no way they reoffer Dawson w/o some level of guarantee he'll accept. Apparently he and Hoke talked tonight.

I would love to get Dawson back. Especially after I trolled the RCMB and they seemed sure he will go there.

All coaches go after some kids that are already committed somewhere else if they have shown signs of interest in their school and have a need at that position. The difference with meyer is that he goes after kids specifically in conference to take them from schools he has to play against. He tells the recruits whatever they want to hear even if it isnt true in order to try to get them to flip. This is his MO and always has been. Look at the hoopla that happened last year with wisconsin. Thats why he is a slimeball.

This comes straight from the mouths of those who have been recruited by OSU and that have committed to Michigan. It isn't just Michigan fans saying stuff about a double standard that doesn't exist. Kalis and other recruits have pretty much confirmed this in interviews.

This comes straight from the mouths of those who have been recruited by OSU and that have committed to Michigan. It isn't just Michigan fans saying stuff about a double standard that doesn't exist. Kalis and other recruits have pretty much confirmed this in interviews.

Kalis flipped because he wanted to go to a bowl game and play manball in a pro style offense.

Kalis flipped because he wanted to go to a bowl game and play manball in a pro style offense.

What does that have to do with what I said? Oh yeah, nothing. I didn't say that he flipped because he didn't like Meyer's tactics, did I?

I doubt the bowlgame really had that much effect on him considering he won't be playing in a bowl game this year just like he wouldn't be doing it at OSU. Next year, OSU will be bowling, so will Michigan.

I'm sure there was more to it. We can leave it at that.

Last edited:
What does that have to do with what I said? Oh yeah, nothing. I didn't say that he flipped because he didn't like Meyer's tactics, did I?

I doubt the bowlgame really had that much effect on him considering he won't be playing in a bowl game this year just like he wouldn't be doing it at OSU. Next year, OSU will be bowling, so will Michigan.

I'm sure there was more to it. We can leave it at that.

Don't fret boss. I wasn't trying to show you up or anything. Thought the double standard statement meant that hoke and co. were negative recruiting when in reality Kyle came to this conclusion by himself and a little common sense.

Don't fret boss. I wasn't trying to show you up or anything. Thought the double standard statement meant that hoke and co. were negative recruiting when in reality Kyle came to this conclusion by himself and a little common sense.

OK, dude, just so used to you baggin' on everyone.

Who wouldn't want to go to Ole Miss? I mean they have had TWO winning seasons since 2004. Pretty damn impressive right there.

Last edited:
Sounds more like a misdirection by him. Would be shocked if he actually went to ole miss.

Yeah I saw him tweet something talking about how awesome Oxford was...it's like really? It's not that awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back