Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The New Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Sorry Coach D, I have decided to go to Michigan instead" -- Lawrence Marshall
oL5KR.gif

Are they at the point of calling us cheaters yet? Bringing up fab 5?

They have been saying that since we got Drake Harris this just cements their belief that their program is pristine and we are cheating like mad. Thats the only way such a great coach like Dantonio could ever be out recruited by a sub par coach like Hoke.

Its comical.

Johnny really is the only logical spartan over there. Even though he calls Michigan scUM. Lol

Johnny is a fan. I expect that from him. He also has a brain and usually is quite fair. Most other sparties on this board are the same.

Can it still be considered stealing when it happens over and over?

Last edited:
Jabril Peppers broke the state record in NJ for the 200 meter dash at 20.79 seconds. It is an Olympic qualification time. I hope he is Blue. That is blistering speed for a CB. That is the 5th fastes time in the country this year. Just imagine with him on one side and Countess on the other. And with good corners it will allow Mattison to blitz more. The next few years should be really fun.

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2013/05/5-star_cb_jabrill_peppers_a_to.html

Jabril Peppers broke the state record in NJ for the 200 meter dash at 20.79 seconds. It is an Olympic qualification time. I hope he is Blue. That is blistering speed for a CB. That is the 5th fastes time in the country this year. Just imagine with him on one side and Countess on the other. And with good corners it will allow Mattison to blitz more. The next few years should be really fun.

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2013/05/5-star_cb_jabrill_peppers_a_to.html

watching the highlights from this link begs the question, when did he play CB in high school? all the highlights show him at QB in Wildcat, Tailback, Safety, KR, and PR.

has he ever actually played CB?

not knocking his speed or athleticism. if CB is the position he is really wanting to play though, it seems he would have some highlights playing the position. at his size, he seems more like a S than CB too.

i guess i'm missing something.

watching the highlights from this link begs the question, when did he play CB in high school? all the highlights show him at QB in Wildcat, Tailback, Safety, KR, and PR.

has he ever actually played CB?

not knocking his speed or athleticism. if CB is the position he is really wanting to play though, it seems he would have some highlights playing the position. at his size, he seems more like a S than CB too.

i guess i'm missing something.

I did see some where he was playing CB. But I know what you mean on the highlights I saw he played almost every position on offense he could. But most high school highlights are that way because a D1 player in high school is head and shoulders above any other player on the team in most cases so coaches use them as much as they can.

I did see some where he was playing CB. But I know what you mean on the highlights I saw he played almost every position on offense he could. But most high school highlights are that way because a D1 player in high school is head and shoulders above any other player on the team in most cases so coaches use them as much as they can.

Charles Woodson?

Charles Woodson?

As one of the biggest Woodson fans on the planet I will never say anyone is the next Woodson. After all he is the only player I ever saw in college that would dominate all three facets of the game.

But he does seem to have a very natural feel for the game and is very athletic. He doesn't just use speed like some track people do. He made a few jumping catches and interceptions and understood how to set up blocks and change pursuit angles. I really hope he turns out Blue like everyone says he will.

The comparison was apt. Woodson played rb and safety in high school. I wouldn't be surprised if they split him out to guard a bigtime wr if they faced one, but he didn't really play corner until he got to um.

I didn't necessarily mean that he is like Chuck. I just mean that Charles came out of high school and was known as more of a RB or even a WR. Jabril seems to be the same way, but obviously he's made it clear that he wants to play CB.

When someone is as talented as he appears to be you let him play where he wants as long as he has the skills to do it and Jabril appears to be just fine at CB.

Besides Peppers at CB, who are our big targets/ players interested in Michigan right now? We really need a pass rusher on this defense.

Besides Peppers at CB, who are our big targets/ players interested in Michigan right now? We really need a pass rusher on this defense.

DE Da'Shawn Hand and DT Malik McDowell. Hand would fit the pass rusher bill and is considered the #4 overall recruit right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back