Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The New Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we can get Smith, Marshall and Clark I really dont care. Of the 3 I think Marshall is the longest shot.

2016 QB commit Messiah Deweaver has decommitted from Michigan.

Not really a shock seeing that this year we are taking 2 QB's and will have 4 QB's already on the team and a new coaching staff.

Not really a shock seeing that this year we are taking 2 QB's and will have 4 QB's already on the team and a new coaching staff.

bummer. he was going to be on my all-time "Names" team.

he was more of a scramble QB though, right? clearly not the direction we're going.

I'm not worried about the 2016 class at all. I think we can withstand a weak class this year anyways, as we haven't seen much attrition.

Marshall put us in his top 6. There's a youtube video of him announcing it through a scripted and produced scene.

Another reason why I would offer a scholie to Easton Bruere this year.

Some are saying that Wheatley Jr is a done deal and that he will be a DE at least to start his career.

In other news I dont think Weber will be Blue I think he stays an OSU commit. But I dont think right now its that big of loss. We did offer a punter today he played at Weber St and would be graduate transfer. he is Australian so many have pointed out how good kickers from Australia have been for the likes of LSU. Iman Marshall canceled his trip to Oregon this weekend which could be good news for us. If we can somehow manage to land Smith, Marshall and Clark on signing day it would be HUGE!

Deontay Burnett has flipped from Wazzu per @adamgorney next up: Van Jefferson.. Could walk away with both

We need WR's bad. If we can get Jefferson as well and I think we can it would be huge. Jefferson grew up in Michigan when his dad coached for the Lions and keeps saying he is glad to be home.

Deontay Burnett has flipped from Wazzu per @adamgorney next up: Van Jefferson.. Could walk away with both

We need WR's bad. If we can get Jefferson as well and I think we can it would be huge. Jefferson grew up in Michigan when his dad coached for the Lions and keeps saying he is glad to be home.

I don't think we need WRs that badly. We still have Darboh and Chesson. They're solid players when their QB is throwing with accuracy. Also, didn't we get that Drake Harris kid last year? I think he red shirted. I think we could use some help, but I don't think that's an area of desperation. To me, it's the DL and OL. I'd love to see some surprises commit to the program on either side of the line.

Frustrating thing with the OL and DL is how Hoke talked about building from the trenches. Maybe those recruits are just not seasoned enough, but other teams start freshmen and sophomores with far greater success.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back