Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The New Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fucking love it!!! Jabril to Safety and ..

Five-star CB Iman Marshall: "I feel like #Michigan is really going to be revolutionary."

I like Peppers at CB being able to get on the LOS and press the WR more than him at safety and having a CB play off the LOS...but in Harbaugh we trust. If that is where they need him, so be it. Hope he becomes a force, but the new rules seem to make safeties who hit hard more likely to get personal fouls, and I think Peppers woukd be delivering some big hits which these days will be flagged.

I like Peppers at CB being able to get on the LOS and press the WR more than him at safety and having a CB play off the LOS...but in Harbaugh we trust. If that is where they need him, so be it. Hope he becomes a force, but the new rules seem to make safeties who hit hard more likely to get personal fouls, and I think Peppers woukd be delivering some big hits which these days will be flagged.

So peppers should stay at CB because of 'new rules' that punish Safeties unfairly and that's a concern...?

So peppers should stay at CB because of 'new rules' that punish Safeties unfairly and that's a concern...?

only from the standpoint that I think he can make better use of his physicality at CB because doing so at S (blowing guys up) is not a PF. a CB being physical at the LOS is now arguably more important than a heavy hitting S.

just my opinion. where he plays is up to Harbaugh, not me, so at the end of the day my opinion is useless other than being a personal preference on the subject based on the current rules. I'm not there evaluating the players based on size, speed, tackling ability, coverage ability, etc. I don't have access to that data, so this is purely from a perspective of where I would prefer to play an extremely physical corner. college passing game these days tends to be very dependent on timing of routes. having CBs able to throw off that timing and thereby more likely having a pass play result in an incompletion while increasing potential for INTs is something I find appealing. obviously does not mean that is what I want Harbaugh to do. I want him to use proper evaluation on all the data he has access to and give the team the best chance at winning, and am confident that is what he will do.

Well he's going to play Safety and seems happy with it.

Peppers feels Safety will maximize his ability. That's his opinion anyways

“@SamWebb77: Per @Marcus_Ray29, @JabrillPeppers wanted to play safety last year, but went where he was needed more. "Jabrill can play anywhere" - Ray”

Last edited:
Peppers would be lining up one on one with plenty of top wr's as a safety. It will also allow him to impact the game in multiple ways; as a blitzer and a run support guy. They're not moving him there to have him physically protect the middle.

What if Weber had decided to attend M but didn't 'commit' but then when Hoke was fired, started thinking he'd go to OSU? Then on NSD he says 'MICHIGAN'

Weber was in Columbus today for National Championship celebration at The Shoe. If Harbaugh pulls him back now, after the show the Buckeyes have put on the last six weeks, it would be amaizeing.

Last edited:
Florida kid. Seems undersized at DE. Move to LB possible?

Oh this is a bigger deal - gentry (4 star New Mexico QB) has committed.

Let the avalanche begin

Harbaugh has 4 young qbs to work with next year. One has to be decent, right? Morris, speight, malzone, gentry.

Wait...he's 6'7 240....wow

Gentry, i mean. He's bigger than our new DE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back