Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The New Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
6'2, 205 OLB/Ath

So does he redshirt, try to put on 20-35 pounds without losing any speed and go OLB, or does he come in and compete for a S spot?

6'2, 205 OLB/Ath

So does he redshirt, try to put on 20-35 pounds without losing any speed and go OLB, or does he come in and compete for a S spot?

With s&c, might get 20lbs before season ends? still better to RS, but never know when Next Man Up burns it.

The hype died down during the bowls, now kids have had time to think about it and really weigh the UM option. If they actually start getting these rumors to be reality soon, then I expect the snowball to pick up steam and Harbaugh ends up with the most impressive short recruiting season in history. Not saying it will be #1, but considering where things were and where they have potential to be, it would be historical.

Would everyone be okay with that? I mean, he's good and all but he didn't stick to his commitment when the coach got fired so I thought the general consensus was "fuck him".

He's a kid. So I say "get him back."

I would take him back. I dont blame these kids for looking around with the coaching staff mess we had.

Neither do I. There are some that do and I think it's ridiculous. If it was them or their kid they would've made them same decisions. I don't blame the kids a bit.

The hype died down during the bowls, now kids have had time to think about it and really weigh the UM option. If they actually start getting these rumors to be reality soon, then I expect the snowball to pick up steam and Harbaugh ends up with the most impressive short recruiting season in history. Not saying it will be #1, but considering where things were and where they have potential to be, it would be historical.

I've been thinking about this image for a few minutes now ... That's a new one.

As for the hype dying down during bowls, you'd have to think the recruiting quiet period had something to do with it. maybe.

Last edited:
What if Weber had decided to attend M but didn't 'commit' but then when Hoke was fired, started thinking he'd go to OSU? Then on NSD he says 'MICHIGAN'

Sometimes I think these kids commit to get the coaches and recruiters off their back.

I have no problem with Weber. It's not like he came to Michigan, ran off the field crying because Harbaugh was a meanie and transferred to Columbus like Boren, or anything.

I've got absolutely no problem with these high school kids looking around. Yeah, it sucked that he went to Cbus and committed there, but Michigan had a coach that was a lame duck. None of them knew that Harbaugh would be the coach. They have to get a spot somewhere before they are all gone. I won't have any animosity with any of them if they suit up in the maize and blue next fall.

As long as they play well and win, no problem. Otherwise it sort of shows a lack of committment, but you cannot determine any if that till they perform or don't...so give them a chance to prove their worth.

I've been thinking about this image for a few minutes now ... That's a new one.

Its the immovable force vs irresistable object (reversed that on purpose for humor).

Does the steam melt the snowball, or is it cold enough to condense the water vapor and then freeze it, thereby accumulating more snow and becoming bigger? Hmmmm...

Lack of commitment my ass. These schools can drop them whenever they want, the other schools could fill their spots if the kids wait. Why would you commit to a school with no coach and without knowing who the coach would be? That's how you end up playing for Rich Rodriguez when you went to play for Lloyd Carr.

Kids aren't committed to a school and it's incredibly ignorant and short sighted to hold it against a kid because he made the decision that his future wasn't worth gambling to satisfy those fans that wish he had shown more "commitment to the program".

Edit: How hot is the steam and how big is the snowball?

Last edited:
Committment takes many forms, any one form capable of being an indicator of how the overall level will present itself over time. Do they have a commitment to working out, improving, staying out of trouble, etc.

I'm not saying these kids should be turned away. It seems their underlying committment is toward giving themselves the best opportunity to excel. So in this situation I would not turn them down, but just keep it in the back of my mind that their decision could be indicaticative of something else so if they show the negative symptoms it CA be corrected early on instead of becoming a larger issue.

Its the immovable force vs irresistable object (reversed that on purpose for humor).

Does the steam melt the snowball, or is it cold enough to condense the water vapor and then freeze it, thereby accumulating more snow and becoming bigger? Hmmmm...

I think you combined 'snowballing' and 'gaining steam' as two ways of expressing the same sentiment ...that once Harbaugh gets a couple commits, others will come.

Sort of like saying it doesn't take a rocket scientist to perform Brain surgery

Last edited:
not really, because snowballing implies something small becoming larger while gaining steam means it is speeding up. so together they are growing and moving faster. at least, those are the interpretations I was trying to get across.

but I should have worded it differently. sorry.

I'm just giving you a little shit and you're acting like you did it intentionally.

I was just messing around

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back