Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The New Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much do you try to go after guys who are decoms? To some extent they played their hands too early and showed they didn't really care about UM.

I get that you want talent and all, but I feel like those kids should have waited until January to decom, to see if UM was actually able to get a top coach this time. Its a gamble, they played their hand and IF I was coach, I'd tell them they bet and lost.

JH will be able to get even better talent anyway.

I'm not as hard on these kids. I can understand their fear/concern (because coaches tell them this stuff) that if they wait to decommit and pick a new school, their top school(s) may fill their position.

I doubt this would have happened for a kid like Weber, who seems to have wanted to stay closer to home, but it's more than just plausible that he heard from coaches that if Michigan hires a coach for whom Weber doesn't want to play and he waits it out, he may find that OSU, PSU, Wisconsin, etc. tell him that they have their running back(s) for this class, and he's left either going far away from home or playing for Iowa, Illinois, or Akron.

Obviously if they have the talent JH will still go after them, but otherwise I can see him writing them off and those kids now are left wondering what could have been if they had not gone for safety nets. JH doesn't strike me as the type who rewards guys who need a safety net.

I have a hard time taking any player back who flipped from Michigan to the cheaters at O$U... Good thing its not my call...

I have a hard time taking any player back who flipped from Michigan to the cheaters at O$U... Good thing its not my call...

maybe a couple guys were in situations that make it seem less about loyalty and more about having to make a decision when they did.

I'm sure even if he takes them back, JH is going to give them a mountain of crap for switching to there, of all places... and they better be prepared to eat a big slice of humble pie.

“@BBlueRecruiting: Harbaugh in action. Spoke with 5* TE Chris Clark just a bit ago! “@Clark8Chris: Great talk with coach

I dont really blame any of the kids who decommitted. I know every school was out there talking bad about Michigan and really I dont think many of us actually thought we would end up with Harbaugh but we did.

If coach takes kids back then great if he doesnt thats great. The man built Stanford from nothing and has built a powerhouse that Shaw has continued with, No doubt he can evaluate talent.

It will all even out in the wash ...some will re-committ and some won't and we'll get a couple kids who Hoke couldn't pull just because of the new staff.

For as good as Hoke was at recruiting till the negative recruiting got him I think we are about to see something unprecedented.

We may have a little issue next recruiting year. A good one mind you, but an issue none the less. It looks like a crap load of top running backs(2016) are really excited and are wanting to visit. Kareem Walker, Kentrail Moran, and Evander Holyfields son(forgot his name). Those are 3 off the top of my head.

Damien Harris is announcing tomorrow (Friday). Supposedly, it's still in the air. Looks like Alabama but what if:

1. Harbaugh gets to him
2. He goes with Buckeyes

If one happens, you got him back. If two happens, maybe Weber flips.

Damien Harris is announcing tomorrow (Friday). Supposedly, it's still in the air. Looks like Alabama but what if:

1. Harbaugh gets to him
2. He goes with Buckeyes

If one happens, you got him back. If two happens, maybe Weber flips.

Harris can go fuck himself. He claims that he can't respect anyone who goes for the buckeyes, flips on UM and is all of a sudden talking to the buckeyes and Urban Meyer. I don't give a shit how good the kid is. Fuck off, Damien.

Harris can go fuck himself. He claims that he can't respect anyone who goes for the buckeyes, flips on UM and is all of a sudden talking to the buckeyes and Urban Meyer. I don't give a shit how good the kid is. Fuck off, Damien.

You're the second person that has brought this up and I still don't see how this matters. The kid committed to Hoke and changed his mind when Hoke was canned. He is a child and made a stupid comment, now he's considering his options. If anyone looks bad in this situation it's OSU, who's still recruiting the kid in spite of the fact that he made derogatory comments about their program.

It's not exactly breaking news that teenage CHILDREN are flakes. It's also understandable that a kid would reconsider his options when he making a major decision that's going to shape the rest of his life.

Last edited:
Harris reminds me a lot of Laquan Tredwell in many ways. he has played himself up to almost every big name program. He committed to Michigan early then decommitted then was an Buckeye guy for a while then Bama then UK. He craves the attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back