Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The New Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was he still committed to Texas or had her already decommitted? Either way its a good get. Keep it going!

Let's keep this going Jim. Marshall would be awesome, but he is going to salvage a decent class regardless.

He de committed from UT pretty recently after they kept going after an A&M QB recruit and Harbaugh showed interest in him at the same time.

Sort of inferring he's another Luck style kid.

Considering that Harbaugh himself was not a statue, seems he will prefer guys with at least some degree of mobility. The overall package has to include mobility, so a slightly less accurate guy might get the nod over a slightly more accurate but less mobile candidate, then let the on-field game day performance dictate from there.

I saw he runs the 40 in 4.7 not fast nut not slow either. As long as he has some mobility especially at his size. Harbaugh knows about QB's so if he wanted this kid he must see something.

Cue the "Gentry will be the starter" talk.

Supposedly some minor (fixable) issues with his delivery. That doesn't bode well for him to start as a true frosh especially considering the competition. I still think it will be Morris or Speight.

I saw he runs the 40 in 4.7 not fast nut not slow either. As long as he has some mobility especially at his size. Harbaugh knows about QB's so if he wanted this kid he must see something.

4.7 not fast? 4.7 is excellent for a QB and for a TE/DE for that matter. 4.7 gets you out of a bad situation.

We took him from uconn. Maybe harbaugh is trying to fill out the class? Or maybe he sees something in the kid.

Not worried about the OLine recruits. I trust what the coaches are going for. It looks like big and agile will be the name of the game. Its going to become plug and play after 2 years.

How is this class looking now, in terms of commit #'s, and projected positions?

Anybody have a list?

How many remaining targets?

How is this class looking now, in terms of commit #'s, and projected positions?

Anybody have a list?

How many remaining targets?

List of commits

I do not have a list of all remaining targets, but I know of Iman Marshall (5-Star CB. Long Beach, CA), Chris Clark (4-Star TE. Avon, CT) Damon Arnette (3-Star CB. Ft. Lauderdale, FL), and Jarius Adams (3-Star CB. Palm Beach Gardens, FL).

Last edited:
I guess if we get into the teens it's not that bad. Looks like they need to land a couple front-7 defensive prospects

This was going to be a small class anyway, based on available scholarships, right?

I guess if we get into the teens it's not that bad. Looks like they need to land a couple front-7 defensive prospects

This was going to be a small class anyway, based on available scholarships, right?

It was. 13-14 in the class is what was expected to start the year. I think the staff is recruiting for 16-17 guys now.

does Hayes xfer open another potential slot for this year? not sure if rules forbid the slot being filled until 2016 class.

I bet Clark recommits to M and we get Adams too. Marshall would be sweet but a longshot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back