Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The New Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, i was trolling youtube and found this. When Allen Gant received a full scholarship offer from us, his high school (in OH) immediately called to notify the buckeyes, who were also recruiting him. I know it would have gotten back to the fucks anyway, but it just seems like a slimeball move from a H.S. Is this a normal thing because I honestly have very little knowledge of the recruiting system.

[flash=350,287:if9eee3w]http://www.youtube.com/v/GMHi9Egd2Fc&hl=en&fs=1[/flash:if9eee3w]
</td><td valign="top">
<iframe src="http://images.proboards.com/banners/300x250_14.html" width="300" height="250" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>
</td></tr></table>

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]Kalis looks like he could step in right away next year if we need him.

I wouldn't be surprised if he beat out Barnum at lg on day 1.

anyone have a list of kids that will be announcing during the game tomorrow?

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]anyone have a list of kids that will be announcing during the game tomorrow?
I don't think any of the kids deciding will affect Michigan but Zach Banner could decide and you never know with some kids.

Monty Madaris is still visiting for the 13th and his recruitment is starting to look a lot like Jibreel Black's in that he wanted to visit Michigan but he wasn't that high on us then got blown away on the visit and committed soon after.

Shaq Thompson and Jordan Payton both commit to Cal. I really thought we had a shot with Payton. I am beginning to be really worried about our WR position.

Maize&blue21 said:
[quote="Monster ":r4j5dez4]anyone have a list of kids that will be announcing during the game tomorrow?
I don't think any of the kids deciding will affect Michigan but Zach Banner could decide and you never know with some kids.

Monty Madaris is still visiting for the 13th and his recruitment is starting to look a lot like Jibreel Black's in that he wanted to visit Michigan but he wasn't that high on us then got blown away on the visit and committed soon after. [/quote:r4j5dez4]

If you watch the video I posted a few replies above the kids talk about Zach Banner like he is a U of M commit. They said he has been hanging out with them for the Army All Star Game.

wheels002 said:
Maize&blue21 said:

Monty Madaris is still visiting for the 13th and his recruitment is starting to look a lot like Jibreel Black's in that he wanted to visit Michigan but he wasn't that high on us then got blown away on the visit and committed soon after.

If you watch the video I posted a few replies above the kids talk about Zach Banner like he is a U of M commit. They said he has been hanging out with them for the Army All Star Game.
We're definitely a darkhorse in his recruitment

The coaches met with Armani Reeves Thursday morning and if he decommits he is Michigan's to lose.

wheels002 said:
I really expect great things from all 3 of them. Everyone that has seen Pipkins says the kid is dominate.

I honestly don't mean to imply anything about Pipkins by saying this, but I'm a little less enthusiastic about this than I might have been had Will Campbell not dominated the Army practices as well.

DR said:
wheels002 said:
I really expect great things from all 3 of them. Everyone that has seen Pipkins says the kid is dominate.

I honestly don't mean to imply anything about Pipkins by saying this, but I'm a little less enthusiastic about this than I might have been had Will Campbell not dominated the Army practices as well.
Big will was also too tall to be a DT, i think he should have been a Guard

Wow Pipkins just went from the middle of the pile and chased down the QB and nailed him. Great play to be that athletic and that big.

wheels002 said:
Wow Pipkins just went from the middle of the pile and chased down the QB and nailed him. Great play to be that athletic and that big.
He let up on him on that too, can move though.

Maggs has looked great at guard but will end up at tackle.

Kalis is easily one of the best o-linemen at the game

just put a vid of the pipkins hit on the board.

Kalis is getting pwnd by Pipkins lol To be fair Pipkins is dominating in ever form imaginable.

Pipkins needs to improve his conditioning I think but I could easily seem him wrecking havoc next year which is what we will need him to do.

I think it's safe to say Pipkins could become a 5* and most of our commits who were in the games except Terry Richardson will get a good boost in the rankings

looks like Ondre Pipkins, Jenkins-stone, James ross, kalis and magnuson.

Don't be surprised if Yuri Wright doesn't visit next weekend. Looks like the coaching staff has moved on to Armani Reeves or nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back