Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The New Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The guy who writes that blog hounds 16-18 year old kids on twitter begging them to do interviews. Pretty pathetic.

Maize&blue21 said:
Jordan Payton loves Michigan, the coaches just need to convince his mom to allow him to go to Michigan

Washington is very much still in the mix for Payton and Sarkesian can play the old SC card.

Doesn't look like we will be taking a 3rd WR with Payton most likely headed to UW and Madaris visiting MSU this weekend instead of Michigan.

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]The guy who writes that blog hounds 16-18 year old kids on twitter begging them to do interviews. Pretty pathetic.
Not really but the guy who runs it is their age so it isn't like some random old guy. Is it ok when older people like Sam Webb call their house to get an interview?

Maize&blue21 said:
[quote="Danny Diggler":geactnj1]The guy who writes that blog hounds 16-18 year old kids on twitter begging them to do interviews. Pretty pathetic.
Not really but the guy who runs it is their age so it isn't like some random old guy. Is it ok when older people like Sam Webb call their house to get an interview?[/quote:geactnj1]

Because it's his profession and there is a proper way to handle it. Sam isn't some guy who could disgrace the university in the eyes of the recruit with one sentence.

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]
[quote="Maize&blue21":p6dl3gst]Not really but the guy who runs it is their age so it isn't like some random old guy. Is it ok when older people like Sam Webb call their house to get an interview?

Because it's his profession and there is a proper way to handle it. Sam isn't some guy who could disgrace the university in the eyes of the recruit with one sentence. [/quote:p6dl3gst]Trust me what those guys are doing is fine, they've even been praised by some of the experts and local news guys. What would you consider proper? someone sending one tweet not interrupting anything or a someone calling your house multiple times a day to get an interview?

I like the interviews he has done. The Kalis one is the first one that has any bulletin board material in it. I was really impressed with Shane's because it showed how polished he is for his age.

Maize&blue21 said:
[quote="Danny Diggler":rcn8j7xh]

Because it's his profession and there is a proper way to handle it. Sam isn't some guy who could disgrace the university in the eyes of the recruit with one sentence.
Trust me what those guys are doing is fine, they've even been praised by some of the experts and local news guys. What would you consider proper? someone sending one tweet not interrupting anything or a someone calling your house multiple times a day to get an interview?[/quote:rcn8j7xh]

Praised by posters on mgoblog.. Whoopty doo. Look at him hounding and annoying the piss out of Pipkens on twitter.

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]
[quote="Maize&blue21":8s5h7yfu]Trust me what those guys are doing is fine, they've even been praised by some of the experts and local news guys. What would you consider proper? someone sending one tweet not interrupting anything or a someone calling your house multiple times a day to get an interview?

Praised by posters on mgoblog.. Whoopty doo. Look at him hounding and annoying the piss out of Pipkens on twitter.[/quote:8s5h7yfu]Hounding the shit out of him? He's sent like 4 things to him tops. I don't get why you're so pissed that he is interviewing recruits.

Maize&blue21 said:
[quote="Danny Diggler":ihwsbmsp]

Praised by posters on mgoblog.. Whoopty doo. Look at him hounding and annoying the piss out of Pipkens on twitter.
Hounding the shit out of him? He's sent like 4 things to him tops. I don't get why you're so pissed that he is interviewing recruits. [/quote:ihwsbmsp]

I just don't like that people who aren't tied to a university's recruiting staff or a paid professional can have such easy access to these kids. It opens the door for problems.

the whole thing is creepy and overboard. stalking kids on twitter or harassing the famliy with phone calls. it's all sort of gross.

TheVictors03 said:
the whole thing is creepy and overboard. stalking kids on twitter or harassing the famliy with phone calls. it's all sort of gross.

As long as people are willing to pay for this information, it will continue. Recruiting as become a big business for the media, it always has been for major programs. If recruits don't want to be bothered there are ways around it, but what 16-18 year old kid doesn't want to be the center of their own universe.

Someone should start a tread on this, because I keep hoping every new post in this tread will bring good news of a new 5* recruit.

if the kids were creeped out by these people, they'd block them. That, or they certainly wouldn't agree to do an interview. Unless the kids complain about it, I don't see the issue.

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]if the kids were creeped out by these people, they'd block them. That, or they certainly wouldn't agree to do an interview. Unless the kids complain about it, I don't see the issue.
This. It takes less than 30 secs. to block them, if they didn't want to do an interview all you have to do is say no.

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]Pipkins says Diamond is comin.

I'll believe it when I see it. He visits Arkansas tomorrow and Wisconsin next week. Still some time left before signing day.

TomVH says that there will most likely be no 3rd WR so it wouldn't be crazy to take 2 more OL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back