Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The New Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
wheels002 said:
Caleb Stacy just posted this on his twitter.

Before it gets out from anyone but me I have decided to decommitt from Michigan to stay home and play ball at the University of Cincinnati
Wish him the best of luck, would have been a mauler at C

Yeah I respect him for his decision. I wish we could have kept him but we will move forward. He had to do what he thought was best for him and his family.

wheels002 said:
Yeah I respect him for his decision. I wish we could have kept him but we will move forward. He had to do what he thought was best for him and his family.
Seems like a home body kind of person. I believe his gf is going to Cincy as well and they may played a factor in it. We now have room for Diamond and Garnett. By Scouts post it seems like he's been pondering this for a couple months.

Maize&blue21 said:
If anyone has a scout membership can they post the Reeves update

i think its just saying that hoke's in house viist is tonight with armani..because armani had a basketrball game he was at earlier in the day

dtroitlionsfan951 said:
Maize&blue21 said:
If anyone has a scout membership can they post the Reeves update

i think its just saying that hoke's in house viist is tonight with armani..because armani had a basketrball game he was at earlier in the day
Wow Scout definitely has some misleading titles to grab memberships. Without Sam that websites would be nothing.

Maize&blue21 said:
dtroitlionsfan951 said:
Wow Scout definitely has some misleading titles to grab memberships. Without Sam that websites would be nothing.

i said i think lol i dont have insider..i read that on another thing...

dtroitlionsfan951 said:
Maize&blue21 said:

i said i think lol i dont have insider..i read that on another thing...
I know but they put stuff out there with false info just to get memberships and it annoys me. ESPN is the way to go other than their rankings

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]This this a big deal... Article about losing Caleb Stacey...Kyle Meinke the writer of the article does not think so but i trust some of you guys more...

http://www.annarbor.com/sports/um-football/michigan-loses-3rd-verbal-commit-after-offensive-lineman-caleb-stacey-withdraws-from-class/

It COULD be a big deal. We'll know in about 10 days. If Michigan gets Diamond and Garnett, then it mitigates Stacey's decommit quite a bit. If they don't add anyone, then its a big deal.

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]It hurts, depth at center isn't great. At least Miller will only be a rs frosh.
If Michigan lands Kozan he will be a center

Maize&blue21 said:
[quote="Danny Diggler":czvbv7pt]It hurts, depth at center isn't great. At least Miller will only be a rs frosh.
If Michigan lands Kozan he will be a center[/quote:czvbv7pt]

People on mgb were saying Garnett might be asked to play center if he comes to Michigan. Never heard it before today. Have you?

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]
[quote="Maize&blue21":hkldg4fr]If Michigan lands Kozan he will be a center

People on mgb were saying Garnett might be asked to play center if he comes to Michigan. Never heard it before today. Have you?[/quote:hkldg4fr]A little, Garnett says he can play Center and it wouldn't surprise me if he asked if he could play. I would personally be in favor of it because he is so smart he could make changes in blocking assignments through things he notices in the defensive scheme.

Didn't see if this was posted yet or not, Sam Grant officially decomitted from BC. Look for him to verbal in the next day or two.

smitdog67 said:
Didn't see if this was posted yet or not, Sam Grant officially decomitted from BC. Look for him to verbal in the next day or two.
Won't happen until after his in-home visits with the coaches next week

Maize&blue21 said:
Anyone with scout have the Garnett update?

I think this is it...

He's having his in-home with Coach Hoke and Coach Funk at 4:45 PST today.

Stanford HC David Shaw was in yesterday and Brian Kelly will be in for ND this week.

His announcement is set for 3 p.m. PST on Thursday.

Garnett officially dropped ND from his list.

Down to Stanford and Michigan. I personally think he's Blue but anything can happen.

Maize&blue21 said:
[quote="Danny Diggler":ro1fmoig]

Because it's his profession and there is a proper way to handle it. Sam isn't some guy who could disgrace the university in the eyes of the recruit with one sentence.
Trust me what those guys are doing is fine, they've even been praised by some of the experts and local news guys. What would you consider proper? someone sending one tweet not interrupting anything or a someone calling your house multiple times a day to get an interview?[/quote:ro1fmoig]

Look what happened...

http://mgoblog.com/mgoboard/reeves-quote-issue-edited

Amateurism at it's finest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back