Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The New Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]
[quote="Maize&blue21":ryk11keg]Well 90% of the info i give you guys is from TomVH.

I was bitching about what mgb has become.[/quote:ryk11keg]It was never a recruiting site, they were just lucky to have Tom

Maize&blue21 said:
[quote="Danny Diggler":nfioyqta]

I was bitching about what mgb has become.
It was never a recruiting site, they were just lucky to have Tom[/quote:nfioyqta]

While he was there it was. He spoiled people like me.

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]
[quote="Maize&blue21":4fzrkqb7]It was never a recruiting site, they were just lucky to have Tom

While he was there it was. He spoiled people like me.[/quote:4fzrkqb7]He spoiled all of us

I love the new info every day. Dont get on this thread if you dont like the info.

Sick of the bitching on here. Some people need to get kicked off this site.

Reports are out that Yuri Wright is headed to Colorado, looks like most of his offers were pulled

And I say that because this board is pretty damn good about remaining civil and not flying off the handle. No reason to over react and start calling for banishments over a couple little discussions.

Update on Laquon Treadwell with a Michigan mention......

New Schools Recruiting Treadwell

Crete-Monee (Ill.) junior WR Laquon Treadwell has added new schools of interest and one new offer, but has scarcely had time for football recruiting.

Crete-Monee junior wide receiver Laquon Treadwell is one of the elite talents in the Midwest's 2013 class. However, his recruitment has slowed down just a bit due to his basketball season, one that also caused him to miss a planned Illinois junior day visit.
"I didn't make it down," he reported. "I've been trying to get out, but I had a game last Saturday and Friday."

Treadwell reported a new offer from Minnesota last night, bringing the 6'2, 190-lb propsect's total to five. Even though basketball has taken up a good amount of his time, he has been able to make contact with new schools.

"I've been talking to Boise State, Oregon, Tennessee, Auburn, Arizona State, cause one of the Nebraska coaches got switched over there, so I'm talking to him still."

Boise is hosting his teammate and close friend Anthony Standifer this weekend for an official visit.

"I just spoke with them and we're building a relationship."

Treadwell says that as of right now, no visits or junior days are planned due to his schedule. As a result, a few coaches have come to see him.

"Coach Montgomery from Michigan came into school today. Then, just the same coaches and same schools have been sending in more and more coaches."

I'm not bashing anyone here or taking anything for granted, we had a discussion a few pages back about how worrisome it is with all of these new bloggers talking to Michigan's recruits. Low and behold a day later tremendous got called out by Armani Reeves for fabricating his interview. I thought it was Simply, I was mistaken. I'll apologize to him and BB for coming off dickish. I don't even know who you are Dixon, but I will remain some what civil for DR's sake and ask you to continue use of zoloft. You're doing well.

DR said:
Update on Laquon Treadwell with a Michigan mention......

New Schools Recruiting Treadwell

Crete-Monee (Ill.) junior WR Laquon Treadwell has added new schools of interest and one new offer, but has scarcely had time for football recruiting.

Crete-Monee junior wide receiver Laquon Treadwell is one of the elite talents in the Midwest's 2013 class. However, his recruitment has slowed down just a bit due to his basketball season, one that also caused him to miss a planned Illinois junior day visit.
"I didn't make it down," he reported. "I've been trying to get out, but I had a game last Saturday and Friday."

Treadwell reported a new offer from Minnesota last night, bringing the 6'2, 190-lb propsect's total to five. Even though basketball has taken up a good amount of his time, he has been able to make contact with new schools.

"I've been talking to Boise State, Oregon, Tennessee, Auburn, Arizona State, cause one of the Nebraska coaches got switched over there, so I'm talking to him still."

Boise is hosting his teammate and close friend Anthony Standifer this weekend for an official visit.

"I just spoke with them and we're building a relationship."

Treadwell says that as of right now, no visits or junior days are planned due to his schedule. As a result, a few coaches have come to see him.

"Coach Montgomery from Michigan came into school today. Then, just the same coaches and same schools have been sending in more and more coaches."

We need Quan, he's gotta be one of the most sought after skill players behind Ty Isaac for Hoke and Co.

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]....but I will remain some what civil for DR's sake and ask you to continue use of zoloft...

Thank you. I am a bastion of civility after all..

Per Rivals from earlier today:

ITF EXTRA: On Armani Reeves' visit with Ohio State coaches ... Reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
per his godfather, Brent Williams:

"The meeting went great ... lots of questions answered," he said. "And it was good for Armani's mom to meet the staff face to face.

"He's meeting [Michigan defensive coordinator] Greg Mattison tonight after his basketball game, and then he will take a couple days to make a decision."

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]I'm not bashing anyone here or taking anything for granted, we had a discussion a few pages back about how worrisome it is with all of these new bloggers talking to Michigan's recruits. Low and behold a day later tremendous got called out by Armani Reeves for fabricating his interview. I thought it was Simply, I was mistaken. ...

wait, what? kinda not surprised someone would fabricate an interview with a high school kid, given how d-baggy some of the "recruiting experts" seem to be.

take a loser with nothing going on + sports fandom + free platform to speak (i.e. the internet) = lots of totally worthless BS

the amount of coverage of recruiting seems way out of proportion to the actual worth; a single tweet from some 18-year-old generates pages upon pages of speculation. it's pathetic.

but... for the 1% of info that's insightful... it's okay, I guess.

All the info on here, and everything I have read leaves me feeling uneasy.

We started off with a bag. I just have a feeling its going to end with a THUD. This of course is based on my own pessimistic thoughts.

$100 says Reeves goes to Ohio*

Of course that's just a guess and not from any "insiders" I know or Twitter.

TheVictors03 said:

Thats my feeling too, I think we are going to lose out big time in the next few weeks.

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]I'm not bashing anyone here or taking anything for granted, we had a discussion a few pages back about how worrisome it is with all of these new bloggers talking to Michigan's recruits. Low and behold a day later tremendous got called out by Armani Reeves for fabricating his interview. I thought it was Simply, I was mistaken. I'll apologize to him and BB for coming off dickish. I don't even know who you are Dixon, but I will remain some what civil for DR's sake and ask you to continue use of zoloft. You're doing well.

I dont know you either, but you are the only kid on here that needs zoloft.

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]
TheVictors03 said:

It's looking that way.. :(
No it isn't. Reeves is meeting with Mattison tonight and that is it for in-home visits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back