Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The New Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
lostleader said:
[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]It'll be tough getting another QB next season deserving of a scholarship because of Shane. He even effected QBs this season. It's a nice problem to have though.

Well Shane won't RS and if the kid behind him would RS his first year, that would give a top notch kid at least 2 years as a starter. It would be great to get another good one in the 2014 class. MSU is on the down fall, who would want to play there. ???

Like Shane, I'm guessing most top notch QB's don't want to RS.

wheels002 said:
lostleader said:
Odds UM lands Chance Stewart? Kid looked good.

Yeah he did but I bet he ends up a Spartan. I dont think he will want to follow Morris here. Morris looked a lot more polished of the 3.
Chance loves Michigan. I would be surprised if he didn't end up at Michigan.

Maize&blue21 said:
wheels002 said:
Yeah he did but I bet he ends up a Spartan. I dont think he will want to follow Morris here. Morris looked a lot more polished of the 3.
Chance loves Michigan. I would be surprised if he didn't end up at Michigan.

I don't see how any QB would be scared off by Morris. It's not like we're going to have some incredible depth at QB. Injuries happen and redshirts are available. Some of the best QBs to play for us have had redshirt years.

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]
[quote="Maize&blue21":g6579gde]Chance loves Michigan. I would be surprised if he didn't end up at Michigan.

I don't see how any QB would be scared off by Morris. It's not like we're going to have some incredible depth at QB. Injuries happen and redshirts are available. Some of the best QBs to play for us have had redshirt years.[/quote:g6579gde]

Sure, in the 90's. Times have changed...I totally understand not wanting to follow the top QB in the class before you. Not saying it absolutely precludes somebody from coming, especially if he is a true Michigan fan, but it's a factor.

Armani Reeves should decide within the next few days, looking favorable for Michigan. Josh Garnett will be deciding at 6pm est. tomorrow night between Stanford and Michigan. I think he will be a Wolverine but he could go either way. Stanford tried some negative recruiting within the last few days trying to say Darrell Funk was headed to Washington State, which is total BS. I just can't see him telling Erik Magnuson he won't be playing with him

Maize&blue21 said:
Armani Reeves should decide within the next few days, looking favorable for Michigan. Josh Garnett will be deciding at 6pm est. tomorrow night between Stanford and Michigan. I think he will be a Wolverine but he could go either way. Stanford tried some negative recruiting within the last few days trying to say Darrell Funk was headed to Washington State, which is total BS. I just can't see him telling Erik Magnuson he won't be playing with him

I thought Garnett was going to decide at 3 est, 6 pacific? Did that change?

Garnett and Magnusen are very close friends. They are always sending tweets back and forth. And Magunsen needs a new roommate now that Stacey is going to Cinci.

Hungry said:
Maize&blue21 said:

umm, pacific coast is 3 hours behind est.

mjsb2 said:
Hungry said:

I know that. Buddy said in his post that Garnett was going to announce at 6pm est on thursday. I thought it was going to be 3 pm est on thursday. Which is it?

lostleader said:
I think he announces on Thursday

Yes, thursday...what time? I won't be finding out until I get out of work anyway, but i just wanted things clarified.

Hungry said:
mjsb2 said:

I know that. Buddy said in his post that Garnett was going to announce at 6pm est on thursday. I thought it was going to be 3 pm est on thursday. Which is it?
3 pm pacific=6 pm eastern. I figured that would simplify it for everyone so they don't sit by the computer at 3 pm eastern all excited only to find out it isn't until another 3 hours.

Hungry said:
mjsb2 said:

Garnett said he was announcing at 3pm. Garnett is from Washington, so that's 3pm pst and 6pm est.

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]
Hungry said:

Garnett said he was announcing at 3pm. Garnett is from Washington, so that's 3pm pst and 6pm est.

Some of the time confusion is my fault when I posted time earlier I forgot he lived in Washington.

wheels002 said:
[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]

Some of the time confusion is my fault when I posted time earlier I forgot he lived in Washington.

i know. that's why i cleared it up. didn't want to call anyone out though. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back