Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The New Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maize&blue21 said:
[quote="Monster ":assl69oy]if the kids were creeped out by these people, they'd block them. That, or they certainly wouldn't agree to do an interview. Unless the kids complain about it, I don't see the issue.
This. It takes less than 30 secs. to block them, if they didn't want to do an interview all you have to do is say no. [/quote:assl69oy]

It's not an "issue" and the recruit stalking has been taking place for a long time - Twitter is only the most recent iteration and current forum. I find it creepy and that's my opinion. I think guys like Todd McShay and Tom VH are weird for their career choice. It's also funny to know how very different things were five, ten, twenty years ago.

It seems that the obsession and hobby that comes with it is a more recent phenomenon, brought on by Twitter and social media.

There were "insiders" here for a while who were merely following a ton of HS kids on Twitter and re-posting tweets as "insider recruiting data" which is creepy to me as well.

According to Allen Trieu, Diamond won't announce until two days after signing day, 2/3. Hopefully he lets the coaches know well before that.

Maize&Cheese304 said:
Michigan pulled its scholarship on yuri because of tweets?

I just read that to. I dont follow him so have no idea what is ment by sexual in nature. Hoke has made it clear he does not tolerate nonsense so if he was tweeting inappropriate things than it may have been best to walk away and move on to a kid with less baggage.

Maize&Cheese304 said:
Michigan pulled its scholarship on yuri because of tweets?

They were right to do it. They were pretty explicit. I get that he's young but damn what a fool.

From Rivals:

Presently ranked No. 34, Glenn Robinson III is the strongest candidate to gain a fifth star. After this summer I was concerned we didn't rank Michigan signee high enough, and his continued improvement and strong play has proved that concern to be appropriate.

Thanks man.

I just hope he and McGary don't switch spots. It would be nice for perception purposes to have two 5-stars. That 3 point performance on national tv can't help McGary's stock though. I haven't seen any comprehensive statistics, but from the game capsules I've seen I'd guess he's averaging about 16 and 10. Tough to read too much into stats though with the talent on his team. I'm still really excited to see his impact on the team when he joins up, but I'm expecting some of the hype to die down.

TheVictors03 said:
Maize&blue21 said:
This. It takes less than 30 secs. to block them, if they didn't want to do an interview all you have to do is say no.

It's not an "issue" and the recruit stalking has been taking place for a long time - Twitter is only the most recent iteration and current forum. I find it creepy and that's my opinion. I think guys like Todd McShay and Tom VH are weird for their career choice. It's also funny to know how very different things were five, ten, twenty years ago.

It seems that the obsession and hobby that comes with it is a more recent phenomenon, brought on by Twitter and social media.

There were "insiders" here for a while who were merely following a ton of HS kids on Twitter and re-posting tweets as "insider recruiting data" which is creepy to me as well.
Yeah the whole grown man charging people money for what a high school student may be thinking is just wrong. Todd Mcshay is a draft analyst for the NFL so i don't think anything is wrong with that.

Pipkins now saying we only taking 1 olineman. Who knows what is going on. I wish it was all done already

Maize&Cheese304 said:
Pipkins now saying we only taking 1 olineman. Who knows what is going on. I wish it was all done already
It's going to be Garnett because he is going to decide first

IMO take as many linemen that will commit. Clearly depth was a problem this year. That should NEVER happen at Michigan.

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]IMO take as many linemen that will commit. Clearly depth was a problem this year. That should NEVER happen at Michigan.
I doubt we take 2 o-line commits though because that could cause decommits and scare of people in the 2013 class

Caleb Stacy just posted this on his twitter.

Before it gets out from anyone but me I have decided to decommitt from Michigan to stay home and play ball at the University of Cincinnati

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back