Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The New Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so excited for Norfleet, he is small, but he is a tough runner and could challenge Denard for fastest on the team.

just heard Drake Johnson interview on the radio.....YIKES! This dude says "like" more times than facebook.

"I was like talking to fred jackson and like, he asked if I would, like, accept a scholarship to Michigan. I was like, duh. Like, that was like, my dream."

FACEPALM.

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]lol i just posted the same video. edited to erase copycat.

holy shit! he's fast...and shifty! and really nice balance.

How fast is he really? We had 3 or 4 guys at my high school that could've made a highlight tape like that. They didn't get a sniff of an offer from anywhere, though. They made a lot of us slow northerners looks slow...

so like, I'm lazy. Who did Norfleet commit to before Michigan?

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]just heard Drake Johnson interview on the radio.....YIKES! This dude says "like" more times than facebook.

"I was like talking to fred jackson and like, he asked if I would, like, accept a scholarship to Michigan. I was like, duh. Like, that was like, my dream."

FACEPALM.
Can you blame him though? He is an 18 year old kid who is on the radio for the first time. Sounds like he got really nervous.

Maize&blue21 said:
[quote="Monster ":xumch9co]just heard Drake Johnson interview on the radio.....YIKES! This dude says "like" more times than facebook.

FACEPALM.
Can you blame him though? He is an 18 year old kid who is on the radio for the first time. Sounds like he got really nervous.[/quote:xumch9co]

no, i know. my wife does the same thing. I'm sure i do as well. It's nails on a chalkboard though.

Hungry said:
[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]lol i just posted the same video. edited to erase copycat.

holy shit! he's fast...and shifty! and really nice balance.

How fast is he really? We had 3 or 4 guys at my high school that could've made a highlight tape like that. They didn't get a sniff of an offer from anywhere, though. They made a lot of us slow northerners looks slow...

i think i saw 4.36

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]
Hungry said:
so like, I'm lazy. Who did Norfleet commit to before Michigan?

cincy.

OK. I thought the surprise recruit was coming from an SEC team. Maybe there is one more out there?

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]
Hungry said:

i think i saw 4.36

That sounds pretty fast

I read about the detnews elite 20 or something like that yesterday. I don't remember the name Dennis Norfleet. He has to be on there, though. I'll check it out.

Hungry said:
[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]

cincy.

OK. I thought the surprise recruit was coming from an SEC team. Maybe there is one more out there?

i think they clarified. They meant that the recruit was coming from down south. Not specifically SOUTH, but south of michigan...as in directly south.

Hungry said:
[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]

i think i saw 4.36

That sounds pretty fast

I read about the detnews elite 20 or something like that yesterday. I don't remember the name Dennis Norfleet. He has to be on there, though. I'll check it out.

Rivals has him as 6th best in the state, and 236th overall. Not too shabby.

looks like selling the TEs is going to be tough until we prove we will utilize the TE.

Ron Thompson

Why not U-M? It's not so much a negative about Michigan. Syracuse is just better because of the position (tight end) I play.

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]looks like selling the TEs is going to be tough until we prove we will utilize the TE.

Ron Thompson

Why not U-M? It's not so much a negative about Michigan. Syracuse is just better because of the position (tight end) I play.

Well, he's not going to come out and say

"Well, I didn't have the grades to get into Michigan"

or

"Well, trying to take classes at Michigan would be hard"

Rumors were that academics weren't a priority with this guy, but he isn't going to say that.

As for the TE thing, Funchess looks pretty good.

Hungry said:
[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]looks like selling the TEs is going to be tough until we prove we will utilize the TE.

Ron Thompson

Well, he's not going to come out and say

"Well, I didn't have the grades to get into Michigan"

or

"Well, trying to take classes at Michigan would be hard"

Rumors were that academics weren't a priority with this guy, but he isn't going to say that.

As for the TE thing, Funchess looks pretty good.

i understand. The statement alone though makes it seem like some of the TEs that might play for us are ignoring us because of the role the TE has had the last few years.

I expect Shane Morris and Gardner will fix that when Robinson ends his career.

And yeah, i love Funchess.

Hungry said:
also, at TE, Michigan got AJ WIlliams 6'6" 260

wasn't there talk of him moving to defense? Or am I mixing him up with someone else?

I know they were calling him a TE on the radio today, so I guess that's not happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back