Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The New Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
With Northfleet coming in, that gives us 3 RB in this class.

I hope that doesn't scare Ty Isaac away.

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]
Hungry said:
also, at TE, Michigan got AJ WIlliams 6'6" 260

wasn't there talk of him moving to defense? Or am I mixing him up with someone else?

I know they were calling him a TE on the radio today, so I guess that's not happening.

Well, position switches are always possible. I really have no idea what they are going to do with some of these guys.

lostleader said:
With Northfleet coming in, that gives us 2 RB in this class.

elite rb's aren't scared of a little competition.

Hungry said:
[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]

wasn't there talk of him moving to defense? Or am I mixing him up with someone else?

I know they were calling him a TE on the radio today, so I guess that's not happening.

Well, position switches are always possible. I really have no idea what they are going to do with some of these guys.

There was talk he could "grow" into a tackle.

lostleader said:
Hungry said:

There was talk he could "grow" into a tackle.

that's right. pharoah was the one that was DL or TE

lostleader said:
With Northfleet coming in, that gives us 3 RB in this class.

Well Houma is projected as a FB, not really a RB. Norfleet isn't really our prototypical RB either - more of a slot type of player; the Vincent smith roll. And not to take away from Drake Johnson but he's not exactly a projected five star player. His only offers are from us and EMU.

Even with Norfleet in this recruiting class I don't see our "future back" in any of them. Norfleet could possibly slip into that roll but I'm betting none of those prospects really scare away a guy like Ty Isaac who's supposed to be one of the best in his class. That's like Shane Morris being scared of Russell Bellomy.

In all honesty - Justice Hayes and Rawls have better shots at starting most years over any of these kids at the #1 RB spot. Which would leave a two year gab between them and any RB in next year's class. But, anything in possible I suppose.

So they are saying it's gonna be a quiet day for us since we locked everyone up early which is not a bad thing. So we have some top people still looking at us?

josh200612 said:
So they are saying it's gonna be a quiet day for us since we locked everyone up early which is not a bad thing. So we have some top people still looking at us?

Josh, i think there is something else in play here. This past weekend, Michigan was in the final 2 of like 5 recruits and whiffed on all 5 of them. This has opened the door for some other recruits that might not have been recruited as heavily before. I don't think Michigan takes Henry or Norfleet if they get all of their other guys, but it might work out well or even better in the end. Henry seems like a good chance to take and Norfleet is a good prospect (4star on the sites). I just wonder why Michigan wasn't pursuing Norfleet in the first place, but i guess some kids just fall through the cracks.

I am excited to see what Norfleet can do. Much like Denard if the kid gets a crack he is GONE! We need a KR and a 3rd down back that can be a mismatch against a LB.

So we got Norfleet this morning right? I saw a DT on the list from Glenville how did we get him? I thought that school was on lock for OSU? Probably cause rat vest left.

Apparently Kozan is not final on Iowa.

From Hawkeye Insider: According to source close to Alex Kozan, the '12 CO OL still considering #Iowa #Auburn #Michigan as of last nite. Hasn't made final decision

The best thing about thing about norfleet is knowing we don't have a coach who is going to try to run him up the middle over and over.

josh200612 said:
So we got Norfleet this morning right? I saw a DT on the list from Glenville how did we get him? I thought that school was on lock for OSU? Probably cause rat vest left.

Ohio St didn't offer him

I think Ted Ginn Sr tried to sabotage it by announcing it the night before Henry wanted to announce, but his attempt didn't work.

TheWolverines24 said:

From Hawkeye Insider: According to source close to Alex Kozan, the '12 CO OL still considering #Iowa #Auburn #Michigan as of last nite. Hasn't made final decision
Would be great, huge need.

Maize&blue21 said:
TheWolverines24 said:

That Valor team destroyed their opponent in the CCHSA State Finals and have a number of talented kids.

TheVictors03 said:
Maize&blue21 said:

That Valor team destroyed their opponent in the CCHSA State Finals and have a number of talented kids.
Did you watch Cyrus Miles this year? I know he went to Muller, the same school as that LB we were after last year.

Mullen has been a CO powerhouse for years but just a couple weeks back, fired former CU Buff/Cleveland Browns/Broncos radio guy Dave Logan. Cherry Creek picked him up within 48hours. That LB last year who wound up at Florida International was a head case from what I heard locally from CU people.

TheVictors03 said:
Mullen has been a CO powerhouse for years but just a couple weeks back, fired former CU Buff/Cleveland Browns/Broncos radio guy Dave Logan. Cherry Creek picked him up within 48hours. That LB last year who wound up at Florida International was a head case from what I heard locally from CU people.
Yeah I remember his mom refusing to let him go to FIU but he left anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back