Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The New Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny remark about Kozan from a friend of mine who has some relationships at Valor Christian and who follows the CO instate recruiting very closely ...

[i:5x3otxwx]He likes CU but his mom doesn

[quote="TheVictors03":cpfetfsa]Funny remark about Kozan from a friend of mine who has some relationships at Valor Christian and who follows the CO instate recruiting very closely ...

[i:cpfetfsa]He likes CU but his mom doesn

Updates so far from visitors this weekend per scout:

On yesterday (Friday)
-- Jaron Dukes: He loves U-M, but the kid's 'camp' is advising being at least a little patient and taking a few more visits to be sure (Cinci, West Virginia) ... he stays on our Winter Watch List tho (which in my mind runs thru March). Remember one thing -- U-M wants this kid - definitely ... IMO they'da been glad to take his commit yesterday (I know the star-gazers will have heartburn)
-- Shallman. As a solid 4-star guy he'll be a little more patient ... still, in the end, IMO he's U-M's to lose.

Meanwhile, four more visitors today and tomorrow. Fox, LTT, Treadwell are all top '13 U-M targets ...
-- Fox (Sat. visit) probably will too, at least somewhat, altho U-M is strong for him (BTW, those who say he's 6-6/295 have never seen him ... he was 6-3/260+ at the U-M Camp last summer .. and he's been called 6-6 by some going all the way back to that time)
-- Treadwell (Sun. visit) will 'play the field' it looks like
-- LTT (Sun. visit) goes back and forth on early-or-wait ... he may settle in the middle somewhere - and U-M is strong.

"Good, like-minded Christians" and Boulder are not normally associated with one another, necessarily. But then again neither are Ann Arbor and Iowa City, really.

Looks like we are in great shape for EJ Levenberry (visiting for the spring game) and Taco Charlton who may commit next weekend.

Maize&blue21 said:
Looks like we are in great shape for EJ Levenberry (visiting for the spring game) and Taco Charlton who may commit next weekend.

Awesome! We could have Taco and Butt in the same class! WOOo! lol

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]
[quote="Maize&blue21":wq1cg3bk]Looks like we are in great shape for EJ Levenberry (visiting for the spring game) and Taco Charlton who may commit next weekend.

Awesome! We could have Taco and Butt in the same class! WOOo! lol[/quote:wq1cg3bk]Lulz. All name team.

Here ya go:

Michigan has already offered three junior prospects from Louisville (Ky.) Trinity, two of them - wide receiver James Quick and defensive end Jason Hatcher - already considered four-star prospects by Rivals. Hatcher, the nation's No. 221 overall prospect in the early rankings, could be the most talented of the bunch. The 6-2, 238-pound prospects is versatile enough to play multiple positions at the next level.

Hatcher showed off his versatility as a junior.
"He's what you want in a defensive lineman," said Trinity head football coach Bob Beatty, "His strength is a plus, and his mobility and athletic ability make him special. He has the ability to put his hand in the ground, then he also has the ability to get back in a hurry and play with a linebacker mentality."

The Wolverines' coaching staff wants Hatcher to do exactly that. According to the four-star, Michigan's coaches are preaching the opportunity to be part of a program that is building something special. Their more important pitch, however, is that they have a position tailor-made for his abilities.

"They're telling me that I could really have a chance [to play]," he said. "I make big plays, I would like that position they want me to play. They want me to play both the end and the linebacker, outside like a type of hybrid. They're a program on the up."

Michigan's early offer to Hatcher has the Wolverines on his mind. The offers to Quick and cornerback Ryan White, the third Shamrock to hear the good news from Michigan, could ultimately play a role in his recruiting. However, as is often the case with young players, there is no such thing as a sure package deal.

"If it's the right fit for all of us, we could go to school together," said Hatcher. "We want to play. We all play different positions, and if a school does need us, we'll look into it. We haven't really mentioned it yet."

Michigan is hardly the only option for Hatcher. He has other offers from the likes of Ohio State, Auburn, Tennessee, UCLA, Florida State, and Miami. With his total package of skills - the size to grow into a pass-rushing defensive end or the mobility to be a rush linebacker - it's no surprise to see such big-name schools interested.

Before he narrows down his list of schools, Hatcher is going to take visits to some of his top options. Those visits are on pause for now, since he's deep into the high school wrestling season.

"It's going real well, actually," he said of his junior wrestling campaign. "I went from non-ranked to ranked eleventh in the state. This past weekend I beat the state runner up from last year, so I'll be ranked pretty high this upcoming weekend."

Once wrestling season winds down, Hatcher will hit the road to check out some college campuses. Michigan is among those on the visit list - along with schools as far away as UCLA. Once he gets on campus, he'll have a better feel for Michigan. Don't expect a decision any time soon, though.

"I know I'm going to ride the whole thing out," he said. "I'm not going to make a commitment any time soon. I'm going to wait until after my senior season to commit. By the time my senior rolls around, I'm going to have a list of favorites."

With Michigan on his mind - and due for a visit as soon as wrestling ends - Brady Hoke and company are in good position to make his first cut, and possibly snag his commitment in the end.

LTT is coming up again this weekend to recruit Ethan Pocic. It looks more like a Chris Wormley situation than Jordan Diamond where it is only a matter of time before LTT commits.

We have another preferred walk on Taybor Pepper a long snapper. I know its not flashy but it is a valuable position. I think this makes our 4th walk on now. Have we ever had this many in one class? he is the #6 ls in the country for what its worth.

wheels002 said:
We have another preferred walk on Taybor Pepper a long snapper. I know its not flashy but it is a valuable position. I think this makes our 4th walk on now. Have we ever had this many in one class? he is the #6 ls in the country for what its worth.
I'm sure our old teams used to be made up of mostly walk-ons and they got their schollies after practices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back