Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The New Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my god, that was such a funny episode. Words to describe white athletes: "Leader, intangibles, hard-worker."

It reminds of the Chris Rock bit from a dozen years ago. About how it pisses him off when people described Colin Powell as well-spoken.

"Whenever Colin Powell is on the news, white people give him the same compliments: 'How do you feel about Colin Powell?', 'He speaks so well! He's so well spoken. I mean he really speaks so well!' Like that's a compliment. 'He speaks so well' is not a compliment, okay? 'He speaks so well' is some shit you say about retarded people that can talk. What do you mean he speaks so well? He's a fucking educated man! How the fuck did you expect him to sound, you dirty motherfucker? 'He speaks so well.' What are you talking about? What voice were you expecting to come out of his mouth? 'Imma drop me a bomb today', 'I be Pwez o dent!'."

Yeah, I've never heard a white athlete being described as "explosive, athletic, etc..." lol

Just saw on mgoblog that #1 LB in the country Reuben Foster could be considering Michigan after a pretty good connection with Poggi and his dad, a scheduled visit should be coming soon.

WR Sabastian LaRue also now looking at U of M. He was initially interested in T A&M but the fact that they now have 10 Wr commits and 34 overall have him reconsidering.

Looks like 2014 recruit Denzel Ward visited Florida over the weekend. His commitment was a little early, so we'll see how this shakes out over the next year.

Would landing Green help land Dashawn Hand?

Either way we are in his top five and hasn't even visited yet.

Haven't heard anything that says it betters our chances. Hand is really just looking for a good engineering school. So probably us and va tech.

I'm looking at Green as "icing on the cake" from a Team 134 perspective. I realize he's the "#1 RB" but some of the video I've seen makes me temper my expectations for a "surefire Heisman winner" like Ted Ginn or Ron Pawlus.

Last edited:
Kind of hard to say that unless you know the kid.

Not hard at all. 3 of the last 5 espn top recruits all stayed home. It would have been 5 of 5, but Ronald Powell overtook Jackson Jeffcoat(was no.1 all year) in the final rankings and Mario Edwards overtook Dorial Green-Beckam & Jonathan Grey(whom both stayed home). Kids like to stay home if there is a good enough team to stay home for. Va Tech is great school.

Last edited:
Not hard at all. 3 of the last 5 espn top recruits all stayed home. It would have been 5 of 5, but Ronald Powell overtook Jackson Jeffcoat(was no.1 all year) in the final rankings and Mario Edwards overtook Dorial Green-Beckam & Jonathan Grey(whom both stayed home). Kids like to stay home if there is a good enough team to stay home for. Va Tech is great school.

And if you go by rivals scout or 247 you get a % in my favor. Your argument is flawed and stupid.

Last edited:
And if you go by rivals scout or 247 you get a % in my favor. Your argument is flawed and stupid.

Not flawed and stupid at all. I probably should have went a little further with my argument. You need to go back and check every top ten or even top 20(works in my favor even more)of the rankings you just checked (especially rivals and scout) and you will see that most of these kids stick close to home. They don't necessarily have to be in the same state, though most are. The closer it is for friends and family to make it to the stadium, the better the odds for a kid staying close to home. Its just the nature of being a teenager.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back