Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Official 2014 Draft Thread

With Calvin, Tate, Bush, and Bell we don't need a matchup nightmare. We just need a guy who can consistently beat his man on the outside 1v1. The other problem I have with taking Ebron is what if Calvin or Tate get hurt? I don't think Ebron can consistently line up on the outside as a WR. And if he can't, then we'll have either Ogletree or Durham there again, which I don't think even YOU want that to happen.

We'll still have 1 of 2 matchup nightmares if Calvin goes down. Ebron for sure can line up in the slot or outside. Has the speed. Or 2 of 3 matchup nightmares if you consider Bush one.

The logic for the Ebron pick is sound. He'll get plenty of snaps, Pettigrew makes us less predictable run/pass still and he can produce and give matchup nightmare depth.

The people who want Ebron are too narrowed in their views of what helps a team. Plus Round 2-7 to go.

We'll still have 1 of 2 matchup nightmares if Calvin goes down. Ebron for sure can line up in the slot or outside. Has the speed. Or 2 of 3 matchup nightmares if you consider Bush one.

The logic for the Ebron pick is sound. He'll get plenty of snaps, Pettigrew makes us less predictable run/pass still and he can produce and give matchup nightmare depth.

So you think Ebron can line up on the outside all game? I think he can line up in the slot, I just don't think he can line up all game on the outside.

Last edited:
So you think Ebron can line up on the outside all game? I think he can line up in the slot, I just don't think he can line up all game on the outside.

The good thing about Ebron is he has a high drop rate which will give LKP more excuses for Stafford.

Why do people use the fact that there are more rounds in a draft to defend a horrible 1st round pick?

I think he can move all over during a game.

But more so, I think Fauria is the guy more likely to move to WR.

Have you seen Fauria run? He's slow as molasses. I like him, but he's not a WR.

Radio brought up a good point. Stafford better look good this year.

Radio brought up a good point. Stafford better look good this year.

Yeah, if the Lions are going to perform well this year and make the playoffs, Stafford has to have a good year. If he plays poorly, it won't matter that we have accumulated so many weapons on offense.

No. Guy is a terrible route runner, has below average change of direction and has 4.8 or 4.9 speed.

We must learn that bpa rules mayhew. IMO, if Lee is on the board, he's the pick. I'll be shocked if rd 2 pick is a defensive need like db or de

Josh Gordon Facing YEAR LONG SUSPENSION just heard on ESPN from Sal Palentonio

Josh Gordon Facing YEAR LONG SUSPENSION just heard on ESPN from Sal Palentonio

I'm sure the Browns have known about it for a long time, but it probably made passing on Watkins a little more difficult, even though they fleeced the Bills in that trade. Wouldn't be surprised if they take a WR in round 2 or 3.

Back