Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Official 2014 Draft Thread

Yes, two 4th rounds and a seventh equals a high 2nd. Smh

Good pick. No more lb complaints

45 and 4th and 7th for 40 but lions got 5th round too

I was on a call with work when the pick was made. Van Noy! YES!!

I hate when these former players are introduced to make picks. Just let then go up themself and make the stupid pick. Too much wasted time.

Last edited:
The Van Noy pick says to me that the Lions might actually be serious about being aggressive on defense.

I like it.

We might still have enough fire power to come back up into the 2nd and get Jean-Baptiste, but if not, I'd be thrilled with Keith McGill still.

Van Noy was the guy I wanted in round 2 badly....

... I might have mentioned that a few times in the last week.

Last edited:
I liked Van Noy as an option going into the draft, but not sure we needed to trade up to get him. At least the trade wasn't terrible.

I was listening to the radio just after the pick was made and the ESPN talking heads seemed to hate it. They were bitching about us not taking secondary help, and also saying Van Noy won't cover or rush worth a damn in the NFL, so they didn't think it was a great fit for us.

We might still have enough fire power to come back up into the 2nd and get Jean-Baptiste, but if not, I'd be thrilled with Keith McGill still.

Van Noy was the guy I wanted in round 2 badly.

... I might have mentioned that a few times in the last week.

I love McGill. If we can get him or SJB, I'll have no complaints about the Ebron pick.

I liked Van Noy as an option going into the draft, but not sure we needed to trade up to get him. At least the trade wasn't terrible.

I was listening to the radio just after the pick was made and the ESPN talking heads seemed to hate it. They were bitching about us not taking secondary help, and also saying Van Noy won't cover or rush worth a damn in the NFL, so they didn't think it was a great fit for us.

The Van Noy pick makes TWO spots better.

It's been reported that Ziggy had a hard time assimilating the playbook last season and really fitting in due to the language barrier. Van Noy was his room mate in college and the guy that helped him learn the play book.

Van Noy will be a beast at SAM, and will help make Ziggy better too. This was THE pick for me.

I love McGill. If we can get him or SJB, I'll have no complaints about the Ebron pick.

Get me Gabe Ikard in the 4th, on top of one of those guys, and this will be the best draft I have ever had as a fan.

With my luck being what it is, they will all bust, but draft weekend will be awesome.

Damn... I'm happy with this pick. Go all out and get SJB and I'll go to bed happy.

I forgot they were roommates... I remember the story now from last year's draft, so that makes the pick even better in my mind.

Like I said, I liked Van Noy going in, but think we likely could have had him at 13 w/o a trade up. I was surprised to hear the ESPN dummies shitting on Van Noy's as a player, but I don't think they said a damn thing about the trade up itself.

The Van Noy pick makes TWO spots better.

It's been reported that Ziggy had a hard time assimilating the playbook last season and really fitting in due to the language barrier. Van Noy was his room mate in college and the guy that helped him learn the play book.

Van Noy will be a beast at SAM, and will help make Ziggy better too. This was THE pick for me.

Just now checking in but plus 1 to you sir. This was a great pick for the Lions.

Back