Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Official 2014 Draft Thread

Fuckin Lions......their entire organization is pathetic. Our GM is a fuckin joke. Our QB is worthless.....most of our players are backups at best.

I'm a big fan though. Love the Lions!

jeff-community.gif

What in the holy fuck was this team thinking drafting Ebron AND Swanson?! Obviously Ebron is a natural fit at 250 lbs. to play center in the NFL. Swanson is just an overgrown running back and we just resigned Joique Bell.

THIS MAKES NO SENSE AT ALL! FIRE MAYHEW! FIRE LEWAND! FIRE CALDWELL! FIRE MILLEN!

Save Xanders though......he is directly responsible for any good move. Mayhew only oversees the "nice job, Mayhew" department!

Swanson is just an overgrown running back and we just resigned Joique Bell.

THIS MAKES NO SENSE AT ALL! FIRE MAYHEW! FIRE LEWAND! FIRE CALDWELL! FIRE MILLEN!

don't say that too loud...you are a fan of the organization that picks an OT in the first round and plays him at fullback all year.

Who are these guys they drafted tonight

They pick up a kicker yet, I think they need a kicker still, DB? Who are the WR's around Calvin again? Golden Tate and bull Dunham? Ahhhh FFS

Last edited:
May have been 1-3. Donald and Chevy are still there.

Donald was there until midway through season 5. Chevy is a dick and not that great but was there until 5. The show is fine without him. Gambino.... Not especially but Joel, Gillian and especially Alison Brie are great. Did I mention Alison Brie?? She's greaaaat.. Mmmmmmm

Last edited:
Donald was there until midway through season 5. Chevy is a dick and not that great but was there until 5. The show is fine without him. Gambino.... Not especially but Joel, Gillian and especially Alison Brie are great. Did I mention Alison Brie?? She's greaaaat.. Mmmmmmm

It's weird. I'd usually be on the blonde, but love Brie as well. I liked Chevy, he had some good one liners. I couldn't imagine Abed without Troy, kind of a package deal there.

Last edited:
My 2014 Detroit Lions battle cry "At least we're not Cleveland!"

I seem to remember a lot of guys not being excited about Rieff. Short arms. T-Rex.

I seem to remember a lot of guys (myself included) not liking the Warford pick.

I seem to remember a lot of guys (everyone) not thinking Waddle could play his rookie year. Undrafted.

... I seem to remember everyone complaining about Riola year after year until last year when he finally played at a high level.

Lions had one of the better offensive lines in the league last year, and it just got younger and better.

I agree we got better and much younger. I would think early 4th but we didn't have an early 4th so maybe they didn't want to lose him. He's here now..

Why does everyone rip on durham? He's not a #2 in any way or form, but i think he did a decent job considering everything. If he, tate, and cj are our guys, i'm good.

Why does everyone rip on durham? He's not a #2 in any way or form, but i think he did a decent job considering everything. If he, tate, and cj are our guys, i'm good.

Because he's not a threat. Teams can single cover him and not worry about him scoring. And when that's the case, it means they can double and triple Calvin.

Because he's not a threat. Teams can single cover him and not worry about him scoring. And when that's the case, it means they can double and triple Calvin.

Like I said, he's not a #2. If he's on the field with cj and tate, he's fine. With just a hobbled cj...he gets exposed. Durham doesn't have to scare anyone. Tate, CJ, and Ebron will do that. His job is to get open wherever those guys aren't and give staff one more option.

Everyone acts like he's horrible. He's not. He's just not a starter. And sorry, but you put almost anyone opposite CJ and he'll still get double and triple coverage.

How many WR outside real good number ones get more than single coverage? That's all Tate gets and most everyone else..

He's 6'6" with a sub 4.5 40 time......but he just isn't that good. He's a good #5 WR. That's it.

Runs bad routes. Average hands. Can't seperate from coverage. Doesn't know how to use his size to his advantage. And.......worst of all......he spells his name Kris!

I wish him the best.....but he belongs in the CFL, Arena league or on a bad teams roster. He's the NFL equivalent to a AAAA player.

He's 6'6" with a sub 4.5 40 time......but he just isn't that good. He's a good #5 WR. That's it.

Runs bad routes. Average hands. Can't seperate from coverage. Doesn't know how to use his size to his advantage. And.......worst of all......he spells his name Kris!

I wish him the best.....but he belongs in the CFL, Arena league or on a bad teams roster. He's the NFL equivalent to a AAAA player.

Lol. That's where he's been, 11 wins last two years. Truth is now he is 5th or 6th option. CJ, Tate, Ebron, Pettigrew, Bell, Bush..he might be considered "3rd" WR but he's far down the list of options.

worst of all...hes afraid of carrying the ball out of bounds to the point where he has to throw it back inbounds to the other team.

Back