Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Official 2014 Draft Thread

we're up again. I'll guess this is a TE?

On webster

Bottom LineA gifted athlete with NFL pedigree and intriguing developmental tools as a speed rusher, Webster could prove to be better fit as a flex tight end in the pros, possessing more of an offensive temperament and the size, wingspan, athletic ability and coordination to create mismatches in a similar mold as Broncos TE Julius Thomas and Browns TE Jordan Cameron exiting college with limited football experience.

Flex tight end???

Annnnnnd a 250 lb de from Bloomberg this runs a 4.5 and has only played football for 2 years.

Webster is FAST.

6'7 basketball player. 26 sacks in 24 games. Raw as sushi I though. We have the tallest ends in the nfl. Will need a few years but will contribute on specials and rotate. Xanders took over.

Nevin Lawson

Strengths
Muscular build with nice arm length. Plays with his eyes. Reads and reacts quickly. Has skills to man up receivers. Soft-footed with flexible hips to pedal easily and transition smoothly. Good zone awareness and reactions. Productive on the ball. Effective blitzer. Has special-teams experience as a gunner and jammer. Durable three-year starter. Has matured and taken a more professional approach as an upperclassman.

Weaknesses
Press technique needs refinement. Too often allows free release. Clutching, grabbing and incurring flags have been issues in the past. Ball skills are a work in progress. Leaves some production on the field. Inconsistent run supporter. Struggled to contain USC WR Marqise Lee.

Draft Projection
Round 7-Priority free agent

Bottom Line
Adequate-sized, talented, inconsistent cornerback with moldable tools and scheme versatility, though he requires polish and patience.

On webster

Bottom LineA gifted athlete with NFL pedigree and intriguing developmental tools as a speed rusher, Webster could prove to be better fit as a flex tight end in the pros, possessing more of an offensive temperament and the size, wingspan, athletic ability and coordination to create mismatches in a similar mold as Broncos TE Julius Thomas and Browns TE Jordan Cameron exiting college with limited football experience.

Flex tight end???

Lol even better....mayhew planning for the future for when we cut ebron.

Lions selected Utah State CB Nevin Lawson with the No. 133 overall pick in the 2014 NFL draft.
Lawson (5-foot-9 1/8, 190) made 40 starts for the Aggies, tallying 9.5 tackles for loss and six interceptions, including four as a senior en route to first-team All-Mountain West honors. He played both outside and slot corner, and garnered pre-draft comparisons to versatile Ravens Pro Bowler Lardarius Webb. An undersized but quick-twitch sleeper, Lawson ran 4.48 at the Combine with a 10-foot broad jump. He also offers extensive experience as a special teams gunner.

Know absolutely nothing about him, but if he profiles similarly to Webb then I'm sure Austin had a lot of say in this pick.

Please elaborate.

With size he's a top cb. Smooth and fast. He takes amazing angles on blitzes. You'll see him in the backfield next year, I think he beats out Bentley for nickel duty = or better in coverage! much better blitzed tackler.

With size he's a top cb. Smooth and fast. He takes amazing angles on blitzes. You'll see him in the backfield next year, I think he beats out Bentley for nickel duty = or better in coverage! much better blitzed tackler.

Nice. Hopefully Lawson and Van Noy bring some new flavor to that stale, predictable 4 man rush.

I just don't see how Lawson is BPA in the 4th round. Webster...maybe for his upside.

Back