Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Official Akron vs ][V][ichigan thread

He should have thrown it on both downs to try and win... that is all I am saying...agree or don't be that sweep was stuffed.... We did move the ball on offense ..But we also turned the ball over in the red zone a few times...

you get a yard for the 1st down and the clock stops. id probably throw it twice too.....but a run isnt the worst call in the world if you only need to execute for a yard. Get a yard the cclock stop and you have 4 more downs to try to win.....in reality with how much time i left you get the run and maybe 2 more downs if youre quick about it. He was trying to gain 1 extra chance to win.

4 point win against Akron will move us down a few spots. Horrible game..A win is a win doesn't work in this situation.

Last edited:
Yeah, I think we drop, but stay in the top 20. Bad.

Do we have precedent? I remember the NC OSU 2002 shitting the bed with some wins, but not like this. And I m not saying MI should be in NC conversation obviously

ESPN doing a poll on what the game did to DGs HT chances. I didn't think he was really even under consideration. Maybe next year.

Do we have precedent? I remember the NC OSU 2002 shitting the bed with some wins, but not like this. And I m not saying MI should be in NC conversation obviously

No, and until around the time the conference championship games are coming up, neither should anybody else.

i hope UofM learned a lesson from this game.

do not ever take an opponent lightly.

If Michigan had squeaked by Akron in soccer we all would be elated.

That is if any of us knew or cared about it.

People that think it wasn't PI at the end: did you see the angle from the endzone? The defenders hand was on his right side and slid to his back while the ball was in the air and he tried to jump out in front (on his left side.) It was right in the refs face.

People that think it wasn't PI at the end: did you see the angle from the endzone? The defenders hand was on his right side and slid to his back while the ball was in the air and he tried to jump out in front (on his left side.) It was right in the refs face.

ball was ten feet over his head... That call never gets made unless the ball is close..
If the ball was on the number who knows...
Or so I am told...

Last edited:
Akron came to play. They have a lot of transfers and are coached

Huge wake up call. Also bothered by the lack of adjustment

Last edited:
BECAUSE they were allowed to get set up. It cost them at least 1 play.

Last play was a 4th down play, so it wouldn't have mattered...unless I'm mistaken on the down, but I thought for certain it was a 4th down so more time on clock would not have mattered.

Back