Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Official Michigan State vs ][V][ichigan Game Thread

stupid slow run plays. I'm getting sick of them in this game. You can't give the spartan defense that much time to break through the blocks. This was the problem with Denard against Sparty, too. If we're going to run, they have to be quick hitting run plays.

Just another bad play call in a long line of them from Borges..

stupid slow run plays. I'm getting sick of them in this game. You can't give the spartan defense that much time to break through the blocks. This was the problem with Denard against Sparty, too. If we're going to run, they have to be quick hitting run plays.

The slow run plays are horrid. Fitz never hits a hole with a head of steam either. His vision is seriously terrible. He hesitates and hesitates and never finds the hole.

Again. and again, and again.

Plus WTF is Hoke trying to prove...
Wear a coat and hat you dumb-fuck..

Yup. I just don't understand at this point why we're trying to run up the middle and can apparently only throw when they are bombs over the middle.

BTW: Have no problem with them taking a knee there with 23s left. Twitterverse arguing they should have tried something...

I think we need to come out with more zone read options on offense, and if that don't work maybe some extremely well telegraphed RB dives to the right.

Defensively, we need to soften up on the coverage and run some more NFL blitzes that the youth of the team doesn't understand.

80 yards in the last four minutes and we think our defense is playing good...
I really is not.. Just against the run.
we are terrible on third down today..
Guys are wide open if not for drop passes we would be down 10+.

Last edited:
Just another bad play call in a long line of them from Borges..

I also love how Borges practically refuses to ever run a WR screen. He'll run one maybe once every eight weeks. It's not like anyone ever has any success with those.

third and long and they beat us

we have very highly paid DC and OC and they have to be able to make adjustments and come up with a better game plan

Last game, Indiana countered a lot of UM defensive movement and blitzes with a hurry up, no huddle. Might that work here? Might it slow down the MSU defense and cause them to go more 4-3 conventional? If that leads to only a 4 man rush, gives Gardner time, and who knows, something may open up and he might have a chance to gain some yards using his legs.

third and long and they beat us

we have very highly paid DC and OC and they have to be able to make adjustments and come up with a better game plan

Yep. 3rd and 15 and absolutely no pressure on Cook. He just stands there and gets to play pass and catch. It's like Mattison just can't accept that we can't get pressure with four.

Good game, crow is awesome. Feel like we should be up 17-6.

I say that everytime I watch a Spartan game lol. cook is slightly better than Maxwell was but the offense is still baaaad. This year they cant run the ball effectively to help the poor qb play.

The D line for MSU Is a jail break every play. Big plays is all Mich has.

taylor better prove why he stayed now

i am thinking he made a bad decision at this point

Last game, Indiana countered a lot of UM defensive movement and blitzes with a hurry up, no huddle. Might that work here? Might it slow down the MSU defense and cause them to go more 4-3 conventional? If that leads to only a 4 man rush, gives Gardner time, and who knows, something may open up and he might have a chance to gain some yards using his legs.

That would require Borges to make an actual adjustment. Being bull headed is the much better way to go.

Borges had 2 weeks. Probably not enough time for him to implement something different.. lol

All I know is that our OL is blocking well when there is no blitz. When they blitz, we're more likely to lose yards than gain. Borges better get on it.

taylor better prove why he stayed now

i am thinking he made a bad decision at this point

Someone needs to tell him he didn't come back to talk smack and shove people around after the play is over.

Back