Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Official Northwestern vs ][V][ichigan Game Thread

Oh lol. My bad. I know you are an optimist so I thought that was sincere. My apologies

It all good. We are all frustrated by this team. Hell, I thought they would have another game like last week against the weakass Wildcats (I think my score prediction was 35-14). Instead we get this performance. Terrible.

@BFQuinn: Devin Gardner completed 11 passes for 105 yards and 2 interceptions ... in a win.

After all that, I'd still rather have Fitzgerald. He is absolutely devoid of talent and still managed to stay in that game

After all that, I'd still rather have Fitzgerald. He is absolutely devoid of talent and still managed to stay in that game

Is Fitzgerald that good or is Hoke that bad?

I'm thinking maybe a bit of both; the derp was strong in this game.

We aren't totally bad in defense. Our issue is offense and getting our players to do more and grow

Between hoke and Fitzgerald, I'd go with the latter. He claps better.

Nice win, not a pretty game but still exciting at the end. Bowl chances looking better

Yeah, certainly a talent imbalance between these two teams. Michigan should have scored multiple TDs in the first half and just screwed the pooch, keeping NW in the game. Seemed like the O just doesn't play with much enthusiasm or urgency. That is bad coaching. Still, Fitzgerald's clock management at the end was bad.

I would rather see a shitty Michigan beat another shitty team as opposed to lose to another shitty every Saturday...

Well, that's if Michigan being shitty is a given in a particular year...of course I would rather see Michigan be much better than shitty...

The call was great, the play call was horrible. Are two point conversations only allowed to be roll outs???

You think? Why?

They scored a TD and left M no time on the clock to do anything, should NW have tied or gone ahead on the PAT...

Yes, I do. They ran two running plays that got stopped and had to rush to a desperation pass, which they luckily made (if there is such a thing as a desperation pass against Michigan). Michigan would have had no time left to do anything anyway.

Yes, I do. They ran two running plays that got stopped and had to rush to a desperation pass, which they luckily made (if there is such a thing as a desperation pass against Michigan). Michigan would have had no time left to do anything anyway.

Those running plays were just to fool Michigan into think NW wouldn't have time to run that one more play...

This team does not need to go to a bowl and get blown out.

Two lowest B1G bowl tie ins are Heart of Dallas and Quick Lanes Bowls.

Heart of Dallas projection right now is Rutgers vs. Rice

Quick Lanes is NC State vs. Temple

I don't see Rice or NC State blowing out UM.

And even if they do get blown out, I'd rather have an 8 month wait between UM games than 9.

This team does not need to go to a bowl and get blown out.
At least you get the practice time which is key. You would likely get a tougher match up since the michigan brand will get you a better bowl than Iowa or Maryland, etc.

Back