Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Official Northwestern vs ][V][ichigan Game Thread

You know there's too many bowl games when one is called Quick Lane Bowl.

Morris: 14-40, 128 yards, 3 picks.

Fuck off.

Thats what devin does with all the reps. Not my fault michigan cant attract and develop top talent at the qb position. But still doesnt negate the fact I told all of you that this doofus we have at qb cant play the position.

Two lowest B1G bowl tie ins are Heart of Dallas and Quick Lanes Bowls.

Heart of Dallas projection right now is Rutgers vs. Rice

Quick Lanes is NC State vs. Temple

I don't see Rice or NC State blowing out UM.

And even if they do get blown out, I'd rather have an 8 month wait between UM games than 9.

If Michigan is going to go to a bowl game they are gonna have to beat Maryland. Don't see them beating ohio*.

Thats what devin does with all the reps. Not my fault michigan cant attract and develop top talent at the qb position. But still doesnt negate the fact I told all of you that this doofus we have at qb cant play the position.

Well, at least you've backed off the Shane Morris talk.

And again, you're wrong. This "doofus" CAN play the position. He's proven it time and again. He's just not playing it well right now.

You made all these dumbass statements when the last game DG played was the OSU game. And your argument went from "The team isn't going to win the conference next year, so Shane should start so he's ready for 2015" to "DG is a WR playing QB, Shane's a QB, he should start" to "Shane's a better QB" to backing off after the App State game where Gardner looked pretty good and Shane threw the pick. Then it started up again around the Utah game, and you were back to "Shane for starting QB!" until he looked worse in that start than Gardner has looked in ANY start in his entire Michigan career. And now you're back to a form of your narrative after Gardner had another bad game, that again, was still better than anything Morris has done all season.

You're the right wing wack job that tells people, "Abortion in all cases is wrong!" and when someone tries to disagree, you hit them with, "Oh, so you want to kill babies!"

You stood outside on a sunny day and said it was going to rain. Then when people told you you were nuts, you changed it to saying it was going to rain that very minute, and now here you are 6 months later on a rainy day saying, "Told you it was going to rain!"

Gardner is disappointing all of us. But to try to elevate yourself to some status of fortune-teller, that you saw this coming all along is a complete and utter fallacy.

There are only two logical conclusions I can draw regarding your analysis of what you're seeing. And I hope to God I'm wrong. You're either devoid of any type of football acumen, or you're an unwavering racist.

If Michigan is going to go to a bowl game they are gonna have to beat Maryland. Don't see them beating ohio*.

That has to be the plan.

Thought the same thing, though, before Purdue in 2009, knowing that loss meant no bowl b/c UM wasn't beating OSU.

Hoping that doesn't happen again.

And given out attendance being weak in reality, don't expect the conversation 'we travel' consideration

We will not sell our tickets out to any bowl
Folks are tired of this performance

Last edited:
The Quick Lane Bowl in Detroit would get some local fans and allow the NEW coach to meet his NEW team...!

:)

And given out attendance being weak in reality, don't expect the conversation 'we travel' consideration

We will not sell our tickets out to any bowl
Folks are tired of this performance

That's a really good point. I've often thought that if Hoke is coaching in the Bowl game, it's indicative of the reality of getting one of the Harbaughs to Michigan. The NFL regular season ends on Sunday 12/28. If the season ended today, both the Ravens and the 49ers would be out. (Ravens 12th in AFC, though likely to move up, 49ers 8th in NFC but don't see them making some huge comeback.)

The bowl games UM has a chance to play in would be Heart of Dallas and Quick Lanes Bowls (both on 12/26), or the Pinstripe Bowl on 12/27. Assuming one of the Harbaughs has sent word to UM that he'll negotiate the deal to become UM's next head football coach, I could see them keeping Hoke & Co to coach the bowl game, fire him on Monday 12/29, and have the new coach in place the first week after January.

But Michlady brings up another problem I hadn't considered. Firing Hoke probably ignites the fan base, who may be more willing to make a short trip to a bowl game (either in Detroit or some of the alumni living in NYC or Texas). Another issue is that as a public university, I'm guessing there is some state law or university statute that mandates a job be posted for at least 7-10 days. Firing Hoke on 12/29 means 2 weeks lost to recruiting as the university waits to hire a new coach.

Another issue is that as a public university, I'm guessing there is some state law or university statute that mandates a job be posted for at least 7-10 days. Firing Hoke on 12/29 means 2 weeks lost to recruiting as the university waits to hire a new coach.

Not really.

All the recruits will already KNOW who the coach is going to be.

Sure, you'll apply, I'll apply, Vic will apply, byco will apply, hungry will apply, we'll all do the kabuki dance and interview, blah, blah, blah, yadi, yadi, yadi...

7-10 days will go by, and the right coach will be in place, and shit will be good again...

LOL, I forgot you went to that.

It was all fun, right up until the game.

Me and the Mrs. caught up with GoBlueBigJohn, and then we all went to where Vic and his Mrs. were with all his Wall Street and college buddies, and it was a lot of fun.

We found a pretty hot sassy foxy blonde milf and tried to fix GoBlueBigJohn up with her; don't know what happened; everyone will have to hear the rest of that story from him.

I tried to get Mitchrapp to come out with us, but he declined.

Then the wife and I went to the pre-game party and hung out with Mike DeBord.

Then we went into the stadium and the game started and shit went downhill from there pretty fast.

Not really.

All the recruits will already KNOW who the coach is going to be.

Sure, you'll apply, I'll apply, Vic will apply, byco will apply, hungry will apply, we'll all do the kabuki dance and interview, blah, blah, blah, yadi, yadi, yadi...

7-10 days will go by, and the right coach will be in place, and shit will be good again...

Well, Assistant Coaches will be needed so hopefully one or more of you will be hired on. Then we really will have an insider that can feed us true insider info.

Even the Outback Bowl in Tampa wasn't worth it. Didn't help that Tampa blows, I'm sure.

The Sugar Bowl though... That was a party.

See Tinsel's reply a few posts up ^^

It was fun to hang out with the Tinsels and Big John ...did our share of shots, if I recall.

I've been to the Rose Bowl (not in 1998, unfortunately because I was poor and working for a snowboard company during the Holiday Season) and that, to me, takes the cake. The tailgating is superb and a lot like M Stadium. We almost went to the Sugar Bowl but it was cost prohibitive with flight/hotel.

For the BWW Bowl, we stayed with a friend in Scottsdale ...named Scott, coincidentally.

See Tinsel's reply a few posts up ^^

It was fun to hang out with the Tinsels and Big John ...did our share of shots, if I recall.

I've been to the Rose Bowl (not in 1998, unfortunately because I was poor and working for a snowboard company during the Holiday Season) and that, to me, takes the cake. The tailgating is superb and a lot like M Stadium. We almost went to the Sugar Bowl but it was cost prohibitive with flight/hotel.

For the BWW Bowl, we stayed with a friend in Scottsdale ...named Scott, coincidentally.

You better believe the next time we make it to the Rose Bowl me and all my former college buddies will be there. It saddens me we've never had the chance.

But with the Sugar Bowl we actually drove the 15 hours and had six people in a hotel room. It was senior year of college so almost everyone we knew was down there. And as I'm sure you know/can imagine... NOLA > Tampa/St. Pete's erry day.

Edit: They need to have a few prominent bowls on the East Coast. I'd make the trip to DC, NY, Boston, etc. for a Michigan bowl game every time.

Last edited:
Back