Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Official UConn vs ][V][ichigan Game Thread

The D and Fitz with some good runs (finally) won this game. I am deeply concerned with Gardner's poor passing. What is up with that? Seemed like he was in sinc with the receivers, especially Gallon in the first two games, and now has just lost it.

I think I speak for a certain poster here when I say shut the fuck up and get on the bus.

I like it!!!!! Damn right... Take the next few days off and look in the mirror 23 hours a day..

Last edited:
Sparty has the better defense and it's not even close. Michigan has a moderately better offense. We'll see. It's going to be an ugly game.

It really depends on MSU's QB too.. He was hurt late in the game today.. Its not like they are lighting it up on offense.. We just have to stop the turnovers and our offense is light years ahead of MSU's... Easier said then done I guess. I mean our middle is wide open on defense but MSU has no one to throw over the middle right now...

Last edited:
Sparty has the better defense and it's not even close. Michigan has a moderately better offense. We'll see. It's going to be an ugly game.

I watched sparty play ND today. The D plays pretty dirty as usual. They try to call it playing tough, but it is mostly just dirty. I expect the game in EL will be another one of those where the sparty D tries to twist the helmet off of DG like they did to DR.

The Michigan D held them under 50 yards of rushing. That is a good performance, but it is not like UCONN. Still the D has shown a consistent ability to stop the run so far this season. Need to keep that going. Passing D not as good, gave up 159 yrds. Still held them off at the end. I liked the way the UCONN receiver at the end rises up on his elbow and points for the 1st down. Uh no, you are about 4 yards short guy.

A win is a win, there a a few concerns but the sky isn't falling. Gardner played like shit and made a lot of bad reads, and scrambled too soon when all that was needed was a shift in the pocket. He was looking to run at the first sign of trouble all day.

If he keeps playing like shit do we see Morris at all? It got really ugly today until about the middle of the 3rd.

The Michigan D held them under 50 yards of rushing. That is a good performance, but it is not like UCONN. Still the D has shown a consistent ability to stop the run so far this season. Need to keep that going. Passing D not as good, gave up 159 yrds. Still held them off at the end. I liked the way the UCONN receiver at the end rises up on his elbow and points for the 1st down. Uh no, you are about 4 yards short guy.

Look at their rushing stats prior to this game. Yep. Still not buying it.

It really depends on MSU's QB too.. He was hurt late in the game today.. Its not like they are lighting it up on offense.. We just have to stop the turnovers and our offense is light years ahead of MSU's... Easier said then done I guess. I mean our middle is wide open on defense but MSU has no one to throw over the middle right now...
My prediction for the MSU game: UM will run 77 offensive plays, and Gardner will be sacked on 23 of them. He will throw 11 interceptions and fumble 4 times. MSU will win 3-0.

Look at their rushing stats prior to this game. Yep. Still not buying it.

Yes, I didn't finish that sentence about UCONN not having much of a rushing offense. Still, the Michigan D held both ND and CMU under 100 yrds rushing. So, it was an expectation that they met and something to build on in future games. I hope they can keep it going.

My prediction for the MSU game: UM will run 77 offensive plays, and Gardner will be sacked on 23 of them. He will throw 11 interceptions and fumble 4 times. MSU will win 3-0.

That could be right but you are forgetting the MSU turnovers... bound to happen sooner or later with that group of garbage QB's..

The D and Fitz with some good runs (finally) won this game. I am deeply concerned with Gardner's poor passing. What is up with that? Seemed like he was in sinc with the receivers, especially Gallon in the first two games, and now has just lost it.

Youd have to think Morris is a better qb that the crap weve been watching.....isn't he?

Back