Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Official Wisc vs ][V][ichigan BTT thread

yes i do worry a bit about that given lackluster performance today. but manynfelt yesterdays win gave us that

I don't think there is any way they play in Auburn Hills. I think Michigan will be in the West bracket and will be playing in LA.

playing in the west and being in the LA bracket has nothing to do with their original site they play at in the first 2 rounds. even as a four seed thy could play in auburn hills its just less likely.

Wisky is in Michigan's brain. No other explanation than that. Belien should tell his players to imagine that the Wisconsin team is actually McNeese State or someother fifth-rate team, becuase that's what Wisconsin is. Why athletes choose to play any other major sport there than hockey is baffling.

i think they just clone the same 6 guys over and over so they can have a bball team.

Michigan will be just fine in the tourney. The B1G has been brutal for us all, but it has helped. I have said from the beginning of the year that I think UM will go far, as well as IU and now MSU. You guys don't suck, you're still a top 10 team who will likely be a 3 seed in the tourney.

This green and white guy is OK in my book. I totally agree with this post. As long as Michigan doesn't go against IU, MSU, OSU, UW, or Duke, they should do fine in the tournament. I think Michigan is a top 10 team and will win until they face a team that is, also, a top 10 team.

so what is the reasoning for losing to wisconsin twice and penn state? are they top 10 teams? any team in the tournament can beat this team. however this team has the talent to win the whole damn thing if they play well. the question is which team will show up. the one that blows lead and lets bad teams hang with them and/or beat them or the team that can compete with the top talent in the country.

Wisky is in Michigan's brain. No other explanation than that. Belien should tell his players to imagine that the Wisconsin team is actually McNeese State or someother fifth-rate team, becuase that's what Wisconsin is. Why athletes choose to play any other major sport there than hockey is baffling.

Wisky is also in IU's brain. Check that record. Maybe they're a better squad/program than many would like to give credit for?

so what is the reasoning for losing to wisconsin twice and penn state? are they top 10 teams? any team in the tournament can beat this team. however this team has the talent to win the whole damn thing if they play well. the question is which team will show up. the one that blows lead and lets bad teams hang with them and/or beat them or the team that can compete with the top talent in the country.

I think UW might actually be a top 10 team. If not, then they're still a pretty damn good team that has Michigan's number

They dropped 1 game out of 33 to a team that is unranked and it was at their house. Then they blew that team out the very next time they played them.

Do you forget how easily this team handled NC St, Pitt, and K St?

I think UW might actually be a top 10 team. If not, then they're still a pretty damn good team that has Michigan's number

They dropped 1 game out of 33 to a team that is unranked and it was at their house. Then they blew that team out the very next time they played them.

Do you forget how easily this team handled NC St, Pitt, and K St?

in the last 2 months have you seen a team that could beat those 3 teams? and are you saying its ok to lose to a sub 150 team as long as you beat them next time? blowing out penn state in the btt somehow makes blowing a 15 point lead to them and losing to them better?

in the last 2 months have you seen a team that could beat those 3 teams? and are you saying its ok to lose to a sub 150 team as long as you beat them next time? blowing out penn state in the btt somehow makes blowing a 15 point lead to them and losing to them better?

Yes, i still believe that this Michigan team would still beat K St, NC St, and Pitt.

Nope, not ok to lose to 1 sub 150 team ever, but it only happened once in 33 games. The fact that they came back and beat that team, should tell you that they learned something from the experience and took care of business the very next time out or that it was just a fluke that it happened at all.

You think that just because K St, Pitt, and NC St beat a bunch of teams in their conference, a conference is not nearly as good as the big 10, means that they are better now? I don't. Those 3 teams would have had trouble duplicating what Michigan did this year against the same schedule.

Damn! It's twilight zone. Now I'm agreeing with jwlcoh*

As you age, that's going to happen with increasing frequency. So, too, with a few other things. And still other things, not so much.

As you age, that's going to happen with increasing frequency. So, too, with a few other things. And still other things, not so much.

I'm probably older than you. I think we've had this discussion before. I doubt we'll ever agree on much no matter how much older I get. You aren't speaking with the wisdom of age in your posts. It just so happens that this time, after you've said a million stupid things, that I agree with something you said. Like Tinsel says, it was bound to happen once eventually.

Yes, i still believe that this Michigan team would still beat K St, NC St, and Pitt.

Nope, not ok to lose to 1 sub 150 team ever, but it only happened once in 33 games. The fact that they came back and beat that team, should tell you that they learned something from the experience and took care of business the very next time out or that it was just a fluke that it happened at all.

do you honestly believe that those 3 teams are even remotely the same teams they were early in the season? have you watched them play? they have all improved and can you say the same about us? we barely beat all 3 of them. could we still beat them today? yes would we still beat them playing the way we have? i could not say that with any certainty and i would lean towards no.

and they played the exact same game against penn state all 3 games. the only difference about the last one was that they didnt blow the big lead. the only thing they may have learned was to not collapse against a bad team that they played for a 3rd time.

do you honestly believe that those 3 teams are even remotely the same teams they were early in the season? have you watched them play? they have all improved and can you say the same about us? we barely beat all 3 of them. could we still beat them today? yes would we still beat them playing the way we have? i could not say that with any certainty and i would lean towards no.

and they played the exact same game against penn state all 3 games. the only difference about the last one was that they didnt blow the big lead. the only thing they may have learned was to not collapse against a bad team that they played for a 3rd time.

I think that those 3 teams played better, because they were going against lesser competition. I think that if Michigan was playing their schedule, they'd have an even better record than those teams. Michigan didn't barely beat all 3 of them. Michigan beat K St by 14. I think Michigan beats all 3 if they play next thursday.

Weird. i saw them beat PSU by 17, which could've been 20+ if they kept the pedal to the medal. I'd say that was remarkably different than the first 2 meetings.

K St, NC St, and Pitt wouldn't have went 12-6 in the big 10. All 3 would have a lot of trouble with UW, OSU, MSU, or IU. This is what happens when you play in the most stacked conference in basketball.

they did blowout k state but the other 2 played michigan close almost the entire game. all i am saying is that i dont feel confident that if they met any of those 3 teams in the tournament that we would win those games. michigan could get hot and beat anyone in the tournament but from how they have played recently i would easily bet on losing in the sweet 16 if i had to pick.

they did blowout k state but the other 2 played michigan close almost the entire game. all i am saying is that i dont feel confident that if they met any of those 3 teams in the tournament that we would win those games. michigan could get hot and beat anyone in the tournament but from how they have played recently i would easily bet on losing in the sweet 16 if i had to pick.

Well, I think you'd only be happy if Michigan went 30-3/15-3 won the BTT and went to the final 4...scratch that, if they actually did that, you'd probably complain if they lost in the final 4.

Back