Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers 2017 Season Debacle, trades, releases and fired thread

No. You are. We are talking about getting value for value. Verlander is more valuable to the Tigers if the other team is offering jake shit.

who is Jake Shit?

Something is only as valuable as what someone is willing to pay you for it. You may have a house that you think is worth $300K, but if no one is only willing to pay you more than $240K, your house is only worth $240K. If teams are only willing to give you Jake Shit for JV because of his age, ability and contract....he is only worth Jake Shit. The Tigers may feel that Jake Shit isn't enough for JV and not trade him (fan loyalty, attendance, retiring a Tiger, etc.)

I wouldn't give up their land or for Jack Shit.

If Jack Shit is all anyone would offer for Verland for I would just keep JV.

I wouldn't give up their land or for Jack Shit.

If Jack Shit is all anyone would offer for Verland for I would just keep JV.

Of course. If you are the Tigers and the only offers you are getting are garbage, you keep JV. It's pretty obvious that they were being offered garbage or teams were demanding the Tigers pay a huge portion of his salary.

Jake Shit and Jack Shit are twin brothers? Both are still better than Ryan Raeburn.

http://detroitsportsnation.com/detr...numbers-the-tigers-july-wasnt-that-bad/94719/
Inside The Numbers: The Tigers? July wasn?t that bad?
DSN

Detroit Tigers total losses by month:
April ? 12
May ? 16
June ? 15
July ? 14

Enough with the preamble. Here?s the breakdown of Tigers losses in July:
Starters: 5.5
Bullpen: 3
Offense: 3.5
Team: 2

Conclusion - Here?s where we stand for loss credit through the end of July:
Starters: 13
Bullpen: 18.5
Offense: 17.5
Team: 6
Outlier: 2
Total runs against (in losses): 384
Total runs for (in losses): 170

JV on revocable waivers.. I suspect a team who doesn't want him will claim him just to block.

Al Avila, You put Verlander on #revocablewaivers and say there's no salary dump? You talk out of both sides of your mouth. you're a f'n liar. GFY. ESAD.

That team will have to have some serious balls to claim that salary. My guess is he clears waivers.

It's revocable waiver.. The team claiming him if there is one just gets the option to trade for him or block him from being traded elsewhere.. He might still clear but revocable waivers is different than just waivers.. And it can happen only after the trade deadline.

It's revocable waiver.. The team claiming him if there is one just gets the option to trade for him or block him from being traded elsewhere.. He might still clear but revocable waivers is different than just waivers.. And it can happen only after the trade deadline.

I think revocable means that if a team claims him the Tigers can pull him off waivers or let the team have him. If they remove him from waivers they can try to work out a trade. The team claiming him is risking the Tigers just letting him go (which I am 99% sure they won't). The more I think about it the more I think someone might claim him based on AA saying they weren't going to just give him away for nothing.

I think revocable means that if a team claims him the Tigers can pull him off waivers or let the team have him. If they remove him from waivers they can try to work out a trade. The team claiming him is risking the Tigers just letting him go (which I am 99% sure they won't). The more I think about it the more I think someone might claim him based on AA saying they weren't going to just give him away for nothing.

I doubt they have a switcharoo and just give him away.. With nothing in return. It would have been easier to trade before August.

Last edited:
Avila and probably Chris Ilitch have decided to move Verlander in any way shape or form to get out from as much of his contract as they can.
So any way you slice it, they are trying to get rid of his contract,
so I still say fuck them.

Avila and probably Chris Ilitch have decided to move Verlander in any way shape or form to get out from as much of his contract as they can.
So any way you slice it, they are trying to get rid of his contract,
so I still say fuck them.

If that's the case I say fuck them too. But I'm curious why they waiting until Aug. 1. It's been said before but our GM has no idea what the freak he's doing.

I doubt they have a switcharoo and just give him away.. With nothing in return. It would have been easier to trade before August.

my guess is they didn't have any good offers before the deadline. If he clears waivers or a team that really wants him claims him they could still get a good deal...although neither is likely.

IMO if he gets traded it will be in the off season, you will likely have more suitors.

in my opinion, I just don't think the son has as much experience and knowledge with the Tigers team, that is all facets of the organization, top to bottom and us fans who are left in limbo.

He entrusts Avila who when DD was let go, the whole front office outside of the players who the fans love, Al and Willie, etc. should have been booted.
Mr. Ilitch, in failing health, couldn't or wouldn't, and the son was too busy with all the other Ilitch holdings.

This is why we have a clusterfuck with Avila. He doesn't know if he is coming or going. Avila just isn't top man material.

Back