Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers 2023 Spring Training Thread

I know it's only spring training, but the BP has been pretty bad. They did get rid of arguably their 3 best relievers. What was the strength of the team last year may be another weakness.

I know it's only spring training, but the BP has been pretty bad. They did get rid of arguably their 3 best relievers. What was the strength of the team last year may be another weakness.
Made no sense to me getting rid of those guys..

New regime wants bats. What good is a good bullpen if you only score 1-2 runs. Bullpen is generally the last peice you put together, not first.

Definitely don't spend gads of $$$$$ on a BP. Just keep recycling it with fresh arms under team control until you get good enough to merit a legit closer. Or veteran arms at a discount.

New regime wants bats. What good is a good bullpen if you only score 1-2 runs. Bullpen is generally the last peice you put together, not first.
Might sound right but we asked for a good BP for years finally got one and they get shipped out. And where are these bats we got in return?

Might sound right but we asked for a good BP for years finally got one and they get shipped out. And where are these bats we got in return?

image_667c1812-6fa0-400a-9956-941cf9b23002_grande.jpg

Here they are.

Nick Maton
Matt Vierling
Justyn Henry Malloy
I suspect one will be in the minors to start, a 4th OF, and maybe Maton starts maybe not. I do like them I just hate having a crap BP.

Last edited:
Stop acting like Soto and Jimenez were peak Mariano and Joba. Good lord you complain about everything this team does.

Joey Wentz's final line: 4IP 5H 3ER 3R 2BB 5SO. 75 pitches, 47 for strikes, 13 swings and misses.

Very old friend alert. Just more lefty depth though.
Tigers have signed LHP Jose Alvarez to a minor league contract.

Back