Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers @ Royals 8-12-15 Game #114

manchild98

TIGERS (54-59):

Gose CF
Iggy SS
Kinsler 2B
VMart DH
JD RF
Collins LF
Castellanos 3B
Marte 1B
McCann C

Norris P Season: 2-2, 4.24 era (1.44 whip), Never faced the Royals

ROYALS (68-44):

Escobar SS
Zobrist LF
Cain CF
Hosmer 1B
Morales DH
Moustakas 3B
Rios RF
Infante 2B
Butera C

Volquez P Season: 11-9, 3.11 era (1.25 whip), Lifetime against the Tigers 1-3, 4.98 era

Strange occurrence?.all 15 home teams won their games yesterday for the first time in mlb history. Prior to yesterday, 12 was the most home games won on the same day.

No sense in listing our playoff chances any longer, but we are 5.5 games out of the last wild card spot with 4 teams ahead of us. We are just 1 game out of last place in the AL Central and 4 games out of last place in the entire AL.

The Tigers have now scored 2 runs or less in 13 of their last 19 games. The Royals have now won 16 of their last 19 games at Kauffman Stadium. The Royals will be trying to sweep the Tigers for the first time since Aug 28-30, 2012. The Tigers have lost 11 of their last 15 road games and have only managed 12 hits and 3 runs during their current 3 game losing streak.

After his stellar debut for the Tigers, Norris struggled in his 2nd start. He only lasted 3.1 innings and gave up 9 hits and 5 runs in a loss against Boston. Lefties are hitting .344 with a .400 obp and a .994 ops. Norris is 2-0 with a 1.96 era in 4 road starts this season.

Volquez has been great all season but even better at home. He is 7-2 with a 2.60 era in 12 home starts. He faced the Tigers back on May 7th and took the 2-1 loss. He?s given up just 1 earned run in each of his last 4 home starts.

Current Tigers are hitting 8 for 45 (.178) with 1 double, 1 triple and 1 home run against Volquez. Kinsler is 4 for 9, Gose is 2 for 3, Avila is 1 for 6 with a homer, Iggy and JD are 0 for 4 and VMart is 0 for 10.

Only Morales has ever faced Norris and he is 0 for 1 with a walk. Hosmer is batting .427 with 19 RBI in his last 24 games and .412 with a 1.098 OPS in his past 22 against Detroit.

Miguel Cabrera is expected to run the bases for a 2nd consecutive day, this time with more pace than Tuesday. He could return from the disabled list as soon as this weekend in Houston.

Tonight's weather forecast for Kansas City calls for mostly sunny skies with temperatures touching 82 degrees around first pitch. There's no chance for rain.

Where is Avila with a RHP who struggles against lefty's?

Norris hitting 95 on the gun, if he can do that consistently he's a #1 stuff wise.

I predict the Tigers will not win a single game on this entire road trip 0-8 and it'll be a 9 game losing streak before they finally return home and win again

Last edited:
I predict the Tigers will not win a single game on this entire road trip 0-8 and it'll be a 9 game losing streak before they finally return home and win again

If that happens, Ausmus is done.

I'm getting really sick of the lite Karokee commercial I race to the mute button every time it comes on.

If they fire him and I hope they do, it won't be till after the year is over IMO..geno, jones and Brad should all be canned

I will light a novena candle.

Tigers got their 2 runs. What's the record with scoring 2 runs again? 9 and 30 something?

Back