Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers sign Fielder?

Status
Not open for further replies.
tomdalton22 said:
jdbaker1 said:
Several comments I would like to add. First of all, this team is a hell of a lot better now than it was when we woke up this morning. There is no question though that we need to win NOW. A huge amount of money is tied up in a few players. Defense on this team won't be great but it may not have to with the pitching and hitting. Not sure if Fielder or Cabrera is ok with DHing but to start the season they both can. Don't think VMart will come back but if he does HOLY SHIT. Also, I think Miggy would be a better fit in the outfield, hell, he will be better than DY.

This is true....they are better than they were when we woke up this morning. My question is this...how much better is this team than the one that was over matched by Texas in the playoffs? How good will this team be in 2014 and beyond?

We lost Vmart. Who cares, they'll better than they were. Plus, Fielder didnt just sign for one year. And 2014? You're kidding me, right? So many things can change in 3 years.

bavarianinnman said:
[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]

He'll get 50 games for using 'roids sooner or later.

I hope so, hes pulled a Bonds, start hitting homers like crazy after years of not being a hr threat.

What???? Remove Bonds's 73 HR season and he still hits 689.

Romneybot said:
I have to ask though...How rich is Scott Boras by now? My god...

Remember reading an ESPN article a few years ago, where they said he was worth something like 200 million.

HUGE! Finally a big move....i almost gave up that wed make any moves worth a shit then he goes HUMONGOUS on me lol. <3 it.

Agree with previous posters....move turner and get a 2B or SP. Win now.

You know what could be a good thing as well is even with Texas saying they didn't see themselves signing Prince you never know when a move like today could happen. And there was a lot of talk that Prince wanted to play in the AL so that he would have the option of DHing later in the deal. This deal today KEEPS the Rangers from getting him which would of been a huge blow for us and our chances of defeating Texas in a series.

Man I am pumped about this signing..I also am kind of iffy on Cabrera playing 3rd but go nearly I'd rather be 1st in 3rd base offense and last in 3rd base defense than last in 3rd base offense (by a country mile) and middle of the pack in 3rd base defense..

I have a feeling that Mr. I overruled Dombroski, threw his dong on table and said Dave..I invented the fucking Hot n Ready Pizza, I shit 100 dollar bills..now go get me Fielder.

That is why Ilitch is a boss.

according to matt mowrey, cabrera is going back to 3rd:

"Miguel Cabrera tells Cesar Augusto Marquez of LiderEnDeportes.com that he'll be moving back to third base"

our infield defense will certainly be interesting. and we still have to find someone to DH now.

smayschmouthfootball said:
bavarianinnman said:
I hope so, hes pulled a Bonds, start hitting homers like crazy after years of not being a hr threat.

Yeah because Bonds was only juiced one year..

austindayeisaboss said:
any chance vmart gets back while we are in the playoffs? (assuming we get there) we would be unstoppable then

I don't think so and i have been thinking... This move maybe just an insurance in case Victor can never come back and be as good as he was before... I hope so because he deservers a title... But I am so happy with this move...

bavarianinnman said:
[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]

He'll get 50 games for using 'roids sooner or later.

Yeah, cuz in 1993, or 1996, Bonds wasn't a HR threat...

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
smayschmouthfootball said:

Yeah because Bonds was only juiced one year..

Well he must have started in 1990, when he hit 33 and on;y went below 30 once from 1990 to 1999.

Hopefully Boesch can return to form and add some more pop to this already potent lineup.

mattym said:
bavarianinnman said:

Is there a difference going from few to many or many to holy shit? They both went up a crazy amount. And Bonds did it when life shows you its impossible. At that age. So yeah, it's the same.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
mattym said:

Is there a difference going from few to many or many to holy shit? They both went up a crazy amount. And Bonds did it when life shows you its impossible. At that age. So yeah, it's the same.

Agreed, Mitch.

Only responding to the person who said Bonds wasn't a HR threat until he started using steroids, which is 100% false.

tbone413 said:
Man I am pumped about this signing..I also am kind of iffy on Cabrera playing 3rd but go nearly I'd rather be 1st in 3rd base offense and last in 3rd base defense than last in 3rd base offense (by a country mile) and middle of the pack in 3rd base defense..

I have a feeling that Mr. I overruled Dombroski, threw his dong on table and said Dave..I invented the fucking Hot n Ready Pizza, I shit 100 dollar bills..now go get me Fielder.

That is why Ilitch is a boss.

LMAO!!!!

Go get Polonco for second base and play him till he gets hurt and cut him. Since Mr I. apparently sells more crapy pizza's then we all figured he can afford it... Use Polonco till he can't play anymore and then go back to raburn/Santiago and keep Polonco on the 60 day dl until the playoffs.... Heck i never thought this would be how we replace Victor. WOW!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back