Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. a's Game 5 Thread Oct. 10

I don't have an issue with it.

Me either.

That many times through the lineup and his command was starting to get a little iffy, now you bring in a fresh arm when they have 3 outs left and they have to try to adjust to a new motion from the mound.

I don't know if anybody would agree with me, but if I have Justin Verlander in this situation, the way he's been pitching, in an elimination game, I'm keeping him in until there's a baserunner in the bottom of the 9th.

But that's just me.

I don't see what the big deal was. They were starting to square up his pitches more, his PC is getting up there, and his command was waning a bit.

Also, Benoit has been lights-out this year. No problem with this move.

Me either.

That many times through the lineup and his command was starting to get a little iffy, now you bring in a fresh arm when they have 3 outs left and they have to try to adjust to a new motion from the mound.

I wouldn't have an issue either way...bring out JV or go to the closer. This is one of those hindsight situations where you have to hope the guy does his job. We've seen unhittable JV blow a game late as well.

Bringing Benoit in is just like bringing in Fernando Rodney. You have no clue what you're gonna get from one day to the next.

Me either.

Yep and I think Verlander knew it too.

Bringing Benoit in is just like bringing in Fernando Rodney. You have no clue what you're gonna get from one day to the next.

What?

Benoit has been as reliable as any closer we have had in years, including Valverde's perfect year.

I don't know if anybody would agree with me, but if I have Justin Verlander in this situation, the way he's been pitching, in an elimination game, I'm keeping him in until there's a baserunner in the bottom of the 9th.

But that's just me.

im keeping him in until hes hits 150 pitches.

Back