Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. rangers ALCS Game 1 Thread Oct. 8

I am in a totally laid back mood tonight as opposed to the entire LDS. Not sure if it's the opponent, the fact we are into round 2 and its hard to keep the intensity, the rain, or the drugs.

I'm no meteorologist, but it seems like the big storms are going to keep to the West and just barely skim the Arlington area...if that system starts moving northeast though we could be in big trouble...

chris rose, pierzynski?? and karros?

game announcers buck and francona.

tycobb420 said:
I am in a totally laid back mood tonight as opposed to the entire LDS. Not sure if it's the opponent, the fact we are into round 2 and its hard to keep the intensity, the rain, or the drugs.

Me too...I think it is the opponent, like you said. I really really really REALLY wanted to beat the Yankees...

cmlfactor said:
I'm no meteorologist, but it seems like the big storms are going to keep to the West and just barely skim the Arlington area...if that system starts moving northeast though we could be in big trouble...

I am west of Arlington and it's pouring.

let it pour right after J.V. gets the win tonight, possible setting up a game 1.4, and 7 for J.V.

IF Texas goes to a righty, who do you replace in the outfield with Kelly, Magglio or Raburn?

hellifino said:
IF Texas goes to a righty, who do you replace in the outfield with Kelly, Magglio or Raburn?

You still have Dirks and Kelly on the bench for RHP.

tycobb420 said:
[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]chris rose, pierzynski?? and karros?

game announcers buck and francona.

McCarver is MIA?

Something about a heart procedure,
those 3 guys aj, rose, and karros will be in the fox studio.

tycobb420 said:

I'm that way tonight but because its game 1. So regardless what happens, we're still in it.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
tycobb420 said:

I'm that way tonight but because its game 1. So regardless what happens, we're still in it.

True...less stress in a best-of-seven Game 1...

Wow..the weather has been pretty rainy for the Tigers on the road so far this postseason, although it is and has been unusually warm and sunny during the past several days here in SE MI, haven't checked yet, but I wonder if it will be as cold here as it was in '06 vs the A's in the ALCS, when the Tigers come home to the CoPa "cabana" for the middle 3 games of the series next week.

Nope, looks like it may be mildly seasonal, with temps in the lower 70s-upper 60s for at least for all three including the final two afternoon games, but apparently there is also a chance of showers on Thursday.

http://detroit.justweather.com/?default=true

Terry is already making more sense than Tim (My-FO-2-was-the-out-of-the-68-series) McCarver.

Back