Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. rangers ALCS Game 3 Thread Oct. 11

kalinecountry

Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Boston Celtics
TIGERS LINEUP :
1.Austin Jackson, CF
2.Ramon Santiago, 2B
3.Miguel Cabrera, 1B
4.Victor Martinez, DH
5.Don Kelly, 3B
6.Jhonny Peralta, SS
7.Alex Avila, C
8.Ryan Raburn, LF
9.Andy Dirks, RF
Fister P

http://scores.espn.go.com/mlb/preview?gameId=311011106&teams=texas-rangers-vs-detroit-tigers
Tigers vs. rangers ALCS Game 3 Preview.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/batvspitch/_/id/30370/doug-fister
Fister vs. rangers.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/batvspitch/_/id/5067/colby-lewis
Tigers hitters vs. lewis.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index.jsp?gid=2011_10_11_texmlb_detmlb_1&mode=gameday&c_id=det
Gameday from mlb.com

http://scores.espn.go.com/mlb/boxscore?gameId=311011106&teams=texas-rangers-vs-detroit-tigers
Boxscore from espn

Jackson 6 for 15
Santiago 3 for 6
Cabrera 5 for 12
Martinez 5 for 11
Kelly 2 for 8
Peralta 4 for 14
Avila 3 for 9
Raburn 2 for 5
Dirks 1 for 2

Tigers' Jim Leyland sticks with Austin Jackson as club's leadoff man in Game 3.
DETROIT

Former Tiger and 1984 World Series champion Chet Lemon will throw out the first pitch before Game 4 on Wednesday the team announced.
The national anthem Wednesday will be performed by saxophonist Alto Reed of Bob Seger's Silver Bullet Band.

Delmon Young is now out of the game. Dirks is in, lineup might change.

Don freakin Kelly in the 5 hole, like him or hate him, that has to be a huge confidence boost for him.

I have a good feeling that the Tigers will get the win tonight, with Doug pitching.

Hope that the Tigers' big bats will wake the fuck up!

::)

MI_Thumb said:
Don freakin Kelly in the 5 hole, like him or hate him, that has to be a huge confidence boost for him.

I get the feeling everyone starting/playing is open and subject to criticism after the past two games. Only way to change that is Win.
Need some home cooking at Comerica and the ghosts of past Tigers Greats to help out.

I'm looking for Jhonny to RAGE tonight.

After a few of the shit strike calls against him last night, I expect him to take it out on the ball.

Bat Raburn 8th but have Jackson and Santiago 1-2 with Kelly 5th.

Brilliant.

Just in case,
Because you have to do it this time of the postseason: Pitchers BP. Verlander just hit back-to-back shots into LF seats.

MI_Thumb said:

Eh, he's batted 3rd, hell he's even batted 4th before.

And he batted 2nd against the Yanks in game 5.

And with how he's hit so far in the postseason, I don't see how his confidence could be any higher.

Hopefully he can continue to forget that sucks (and yes, he even sucks for a 25th man) and put up some good numbers, because Leyland will probably continue to give him ABs.

[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]Just in case,
Because you have to do it this time of the postseason: Pitchers BP. Verlander just hit back-to-back shots into LF seats.

Maybe he is availble to pinch hit for Avila tonight.

[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]
[quote="MI_Thumb":8y4vda7t]Don freakin Kelly in the 5 hole, like him or hate him, that has to be a huge confidence boost for him.

I get the feeling everyone starting/playing is open and subject to criticism after the past two games. Only way to change that is Win.
Need some home cooking at Comerica and the ghosts of past Tigers Greats to help out.[/quote:8y4vda7t]

Kelly should wear one of Kell's old jerseys under his.
Cabrera a Greenberg.
Santiago a Gehringer.
Ajax a Cobb.
Dirks a Crawford.
Raburn a Heilmann.
Avila a Cochrane.
Fister a Newhouser.

Can't think of any good ghosts to call on for SS or DH.

mjsb2 said:
Bat Raburn 8th but have Jackson and Santiago 1-2 with Kelly 5th.

Brilliant.

Right handed pitcher, where do you want Raburn to hit?

I'd have him 9th.

MI_Thumb said:
[quote="KalineCountry":ls4isb6a]

Need some home cooking at Comerica and the ghosts of past Tigers Greats to help out.

Kelly should wear one of Kell's old jerseys under his.
Cabrera a Greenberg.
Santiago a Gehringer.
Ajax a Cobb.
Dirks a Crawford.
Raburn a Heilmann.
Avila a Cochrane.
Fister a Newhouser.

Can't think of any good ghosts to call on for SS or DH.[/quote:ls4isb6a]

Peralta a Kuenn.
Martinez a York or Goslin.

Back