Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. rangers ALCS Game 3 Thread Oct. 11

mjsb2 said:
MI_Thumb said:
Don freakin Kelly in the 5 hole, like him or hate him, that has to be a huge confidence boost for him.

Eh, he's batted 3rd, hell he's even batted 4th before.

And he batted 2nd against the Yanks in game 5.

And with how he's hit so far in the postseason, I don't see how his confidence could be any higher.

Hopefully he can continue to forget that sucks (and yes, he even sucks for a 25th man) and put up some good numbers, because Leyland will probably continue to give him ABs.

I'm glad you posted this, because every time you bitch about Kelly sucking, he goes on a tear.

Thanks buddy.

tomdalton22 said:
[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]Just in case,
Because you have to do it this time of the postseason: Pitchers BP. Verlander just hit back-to-back shots into LF seats.

Maybe he is availble to pinch hit for Avila tonight.

maybe.

Verlander hit so many BP home runs I lost count. But struggled to bunt against faster pitching machine. So no, he won't be hitting third.
from Jason Beck.

Verlander may crush em in BP, but he has always looked silly trying to hit during IL.

Only pitchers I'd look forward to having hit are Porcello and Penny.

Joel Zumaya makes his way to field for batting practice, gives Leyland a big hug.

Injured Tigers RP Joel Zumaya: "it kind of chaps my butt not to be out here" in ALCS.

Asked how he was feeling, Zumaya said "I'd like to say I'm feeling crappy, because every time I say 'good' I get hurt".

Zumaya said he is throwing with more ease than any other time in his career. Also said his velocity is up. assume since ST. But we won't be seeing 110 mph.

Zumaya says he's feeling really good, throwing hard with less effort. Hopes to be back with Tigers next year. He's a free agent this winter.

Zumaya: "I don't feel like going anywhere else. I started here and I wish I could end here".

MI_Thumb said:
Verlander may crush em in BP, but he has always looked silly trying to hit during IL.

Only pitchers I'd look forward to having hit are Porcello and Penny.

yeah, Porcello especially.

Tigers outfielder Andy Dirks will make his first career postseason start in place of the injured Delmon Young, who was a late scratch Tuesday afternoon.

Dirks was announced as Young

Lets face it 22 LOB's in two games is the difference in winning and losing. i think all we had in five games verses NY was around 26 or 27 LOB's so if Miguel and Victor hit we will most likely win if they don't we will most likely lose...

Anyway I will have a few whammy's out but going light since the father had 4 hour surgery today to fix a leg that had arteries clogged.... Maybe the Tigers can win one for my pop's tonight... He likes all of the players but especially roots for Ramon Santiago who he call's 'My little Buddy' I hope the Tigers have a big night hitting and get back in this series.... Be back later..

Go Tigers...

MI_Thumb said:
mjsb2 said:
Eh, he's batted 3rd, hell he's even batted 4th before.

And he batted 2nd against the Yanks in game 5.

And with how he's hit so far in the postseason, I don't see how his confidence could be any higher.

Hopefully he can continue to forget that sucks (and yes, he even sucks for a 25th man) and put up some good numbers, because Leyland will probably continue to give him ABs.

I'm glad you posted this, because every time you bitch about Kelly sucking, he goes on a tear.

Thanks buddy.

You mean he's done it once.

I've bitched about Kelly all year, and he's suck all year.

Other than game 5 against the Yankees, he hasn't done shit.

And I'll continue to bitch about Kelly because he's a bad baseball player.

Good poster at BlessyouboysTigersblog has one extra ticket for tonight's game Sec 116, Field level, Row 3. He will sell at face value $ 120.
Email at Tigerdog1@Gmail or is it [email protected]

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]Lets face it 22 LOB's in two games is the difference in winning and losing. i think all we had in five games verses NY was around 26 or 27 LOB's so if Miguel and Victor hit we will most likely win if they don't we will most likely lose...

Anyway I will have a few whammy's out but going light sense the father had 4 hour surgery today to fix a leg that had arteries clogged.... Maybe the Tigers can win one for my pop's tonight... He likes all of the players but especially roots for Ramon Santiago who he call's 'My little Buddy' I hope the Tigers have a big night hitting and get back in this series.... Be back later..

Go Tigers...

Bob I hope all went well for your dad. God Bless.

Regardless of the lineup, I like the matchup.

Lewis sucks so I think the offense will finally put more than 3 runs across the plate tonight.

Cabrera did show signs of breaking out of his slump with the double and just missed that HR. All it takes to break out of a slump is talent, and he has plenty of that.

I think the Tigers take this one easily.

Thanks Ron for he kind words about my dad.......I will post later..... I hope the tigers can get aback in the series.... Would like to see them at least make the rangers sweat a little....

The board is kind of dead so far, last night took its toll. Tigers are going to win though. Board will light up soon.

Maybe I will try my The Curse of Rocky Colavito book.... It worked verses the indians maybe it will work tonight..LOL

Good-luck everyone!!!!!!!!!! Miguel and Victor>>>>> It is time to deliver!!!

Man, downtown has been electric the last couple nights. The MNF game and the pregame tonight both felt special. Let's go boys!!!

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]Maybe I will try my The Curse of Rocky Colavito book.... It worked verses the indians maybe it will work tonight..LOL

Good-luck everyone!!!!!!!!!! Miguel and Victor>>>>> It is time to deliver!!!

Tigers have to win, for Bob's dad, after Aretha Franklins' beautiful and inspiring singing of Our National Anthem and for Tigers fans everywhere.

Back