Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. rays Game Thread August 22

22 pitch inning for Niemann and some rest for JV...much better...a few runs woulda been nice, though...

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]I think this ump is drunk.

rapuano is the ump that recently threw Leyland out one of the games he went ballisitic jumping up and down, maybe the game Dirks was on first and was trying to keep from laughing.

M's - Indians game is as dead as this one after the second innings.

This ump is all over the place. It is amazing they can keep a job.

1 more guy JV, then you can grab a shower and an Ice pack.

Hahaha...JV wasn't too happy about Santiago dropping that far back for the pop fly.

Doesn't matter if JV has his best stuff or not, he just gets outs.

Come on now guys, don't blow JV's 19th win, get the BP a couple insurance runs FFS!

Good start for JV... He pitches like this the rest of the year and he has the Cy Young locked up.. I know it's not his best, but the statline speaks for itself..

Verlander 7th inning, Inge at 3rd,

krotchman first pitch pops to Peralta,

upton checkswing strike on a curve, fastball inside, fastball inside, now upton asks for time while JV is in his windup, JV with a curve strike call, fastball fouled back, slider fouled back, slider low full count, slider is pop fly to shallow right and Santiago backing up with Boiesch coming in and Ramon has it,

fuld shows bunt strike call, fastball high, curve in there strike call, fastball inside, another 98 is popped to Inge,

Verlander with 116 pitches,
JV with an extra days rest he's back to start the 8th inning at least, imo.

Tigers lead 2 - 1.

justinrose74 said:
JV comes back in 8th?

He got an extra days rest, why not? He looks better in the late innings than the earlier ones anyway.

MI_Thumb said:
1 more guy JV, then you can grab a shower and an Ice pack.
116 pitches. If the Tigers don't score a few I think he comes out for the 8th. I think JL has more faith in JV than Benoit.

is anyone else listening to the rays announcers on mlb? lol...theyre hilarious.

JVs curve called strike: "Really?...what do you do with that?"

Color Commentator: "You take it for a strike...thats what you do with it"

I hope he comes back out for the 8th...Benoit vs. his former team...don't like it...seems like he gets rattled...

Back