Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. rays Game Thread August 22

Missed the last inning but it is great to see them pick up a couple of insurance runs. Go Tigers.

omfgdude616 said:
Did Leyland really put Raburn in as a....defensive...replacement...?

If he put him in for Young, well, he made the right choice.

Porcello pitched like shit yesterday, but he would have made it out of the 3rd with only giving up 1 run if he had a ML LFer out there, i.e., a LFer who doesn't stand at the warning track every pitch.

Man nothing I hate worse then when one of our pitchers saws some guys bat in half and it drops for a hit.

I guess I'm the only one that thought Inge got a good swing on that ball...just a bad break (no pun intended) with the bat.

Seems like we're getting last years' Benoit for the stretch run...keeping my fingers firmly crossed...

The outfielders aren't used to a 2b getting out there to make that play...ps m's up 3-2

Benoit 8th inning, mudhen rightfield uh oh,

jaso grounds out to Santiago,

rodriguez pops up to Kelly,

joyce broken bat single to left,

damon fastball swings and misses, again, fastball outside, fly to shallow center and Santiago races out again makes the catch and collides slightly with Jackson,

Benoit last 37 appearances has a 1.89 ERA before that inning so say the rays announcers,

3 more outs,

Tigers lead 4 - 1.

Back