Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. rays Game Thread August 22

MI_Thumb said:
[quote="KalineCountry":fczx0821]Verlander 4th inning,

longoria curve strike call, fastball outside, again, changeup inside fouled back, curve popped to shallow center he tells Santiago to get the hell out of the way and has it,

zobrist fastball fouled back, again changeup inside, curve fouled, low, changeup low full count, another changeup at 89 low for a walk,

kotchman strike call, curve low, throw to first, swings and misses a high fastball and runner trying to steal second and Avila's throw is there in plenty of time for a ham sandwich, high fastball fouled back, fastball inside, curve across the plate and FF ump rapuano says no full count, fastball fouled back, lined to Young,

Verlander with [color=black:fczx0821]64 pitches[/color:fczx0821],

Tigers lead 2 - 1.

65 ;)[/quote:fczx0821]

My main man Mi_Thumb watching me with the discerning eye, fixed lol.

[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]
[quote="MI_Thumb":ht3jhr6n]

65 ;)

My main man Mi_Thumb watching me with the discerning eye, fixed lol.[/quote:ht3jhr6n]

I blame GameDay, they never count the final pitch of the inning before they take the graphic away.

Verlander 5th inning,

upton fastball inside, hard slider strike call, another ground ball to Peralta,

fuld fastball outside, changeup low, fastball swings and misses, again, fastball low full count, swings and foul tips a fastball on/off the corner,

jaso fastball strike call, wicked curve low, fastball outside, changeup on the corner strike call, curve on the corner full count, fastball fouled down left, fastball outside walk shyt,

rodriguez swings and misses a changeup, throw to first, slider bunted foul, curve fouled back, fastball high, fisted foul, snap throw to first, curve foul, too many long at bats pitch count getting up there too early, curve low, swings and misses a 97,

Verlander with 89 pitches,

Tigers lead 2 - 1.

jdbaker1 said:
too many pitches, come on JV, throw strikes to players batting >.250

hes throwing strikes....and a lot of them are tough. Rays batters fouling a lot of good pitches off. lucky....

NEED to have patient ABs here and give JV a break...Niemman looks too comfy out there right now...

Tigers 6th inning,

Boesch shows bunt strike call, fastball fouled back, called strike,

Young curve outside, grounder to third diving stop and throw,

Cabrera takes a low curve, changeup low, fly to right,

f'er niemann with a short inning with 72 pitches,

Tigers lead 2 - 1.

Back