Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. rays Game Thread August 23

Santiago at 2nd, Kelly in right,
smokes trys to squeeze another inning out of Penny....

TigerMud said:
tigers99888 said:
Nice 2-1 on the sac fly!!! Wish we had a closer tonight..

Indeed aren't we so happy smokes used Valverde in a non save situation last night. it can't be said enough, smokes can be such a dumbass.

Big league managers use their closers in non-save situations all the time.
Leyland does some things I don't get, but using the closer in a non-save situation is nothing unusual.

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]Damn it I lost the signal... bad storms rolling through Grand Rapids tonight. Going to have to break out my radio..

Yeah, I hope I don't lose power, in GR too.

[color=#551A8B said:
TinselWolverine[/color]]
TigerMud said:
Indeed aren't we so happy smokes used Valverde in a non save situation last night. it can't be said enough, smokes can be such a dumbass.

Leyland does some things I don't get, but using the closer in a non-save situation is nothing unusual.

There was no reason to use him last night though.

I don't mind him coming in in a tie game at home in the 9th like most managers do, but last night should have been a mop up guy.

johnny2x2x said:
[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]Damn it I lost the signal... bad storms rolling through Grand Rapids tonight. Going to have to break out my radio..

Yeah, I hope I don't lose power, in GR too.

Yeah my dish signal is going in and out all game... I am surprised I have had most of the game... Its back now...

[color=#551A8B said:
TinselWolverine[/color]]
TigerMud said:

NOt for away games... That usually is for home games, and mostly for tie ballgames..

Penny 101 pitches, 6 1/3 innings, 1 run and baserunner, 8 hits, walk, 2 k's

Valverde should be available.. Most big league managers would have manages differently yesterday.

Got to be happy getting 6-1/3 inning of 1 run ball out of Penny, he scattered the hits well and gave us a good chance to win.

[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]Penny 101 pitches, 6 1/3 innings, 1 run and baserunner, 8 hits, walk, 2 k's

Can't complain.

[color=#551A8B said:
TinselWolverine[/color]]
TigerMud said:

Agreed, but last night was a mistake. I bet any one of the pitchers left in the bp could have closed that game out.

[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]Penny 101 pitches, 6 1/3 innings, 1 run and baserunner, 8 hits, walk, 2 k's

Well done Brad, hope the bp gives you the W. You deserve it.

A double play would complete Penny's line.

Or Schlereth could just K BJ and the Bear.

Back