Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. redsox Game Thread April 5

Always a treat to see Al Kaline. Thrilled that he never followed through on plan to retire 10 years ago. Now in 60th year with Tigers.
Kaline: "As long as I feel I can go to the park and not feel I'm getting in the way, I'll keep [working]."
danny knobler

Tigers batting 1st inning,

Jackson takes the first pitch cutter and lines a single to left center, great,

Boesch first pitch grounder to third and a 5 / 4 / 3 dp,

Cabrera takes a low strike, fastball outside, broken bat liner to third,

Miggy lines out. What was that 3-4 pitches? Geez. All made good contact if there's a silver lining for the quick inning.

At least AJax got a hit. He is incredibly streaky so it would be awesome if he started the season out hot.

Verlander pitching 2nd inning,

ffchinstrap ortiz changeup strike call, fly to sliced to left for a double as Young throws it in,

uglymofoyuckilis strike at the knees, low, check swing went around strike, slider away, grounder deep in the hole to short and peralta with the long throw low and bounce and scoop by Prince,

sweeney fastball looked good ump says no, changeup in there, 95 fastball swings and misses, 96 fouled back, Verlander and Avila talk, curve is low, grounder past Verlander's glove grounds to Santiago, chinstrap to third,

ross curve for a strike, low blocked by Avila, fastball just low, changeup inside, slider on the corner strike call full count, 98 fastball fouled back, curve buckles the knees, sit down,

Verlander with 28 pitches.

Need the admin to fix this forum to add a tool to make a backwards K, that would be cool.

Damn, Delmon needs to bat 7th so we dont get doubled up so much.

and this is why hitting young high in the lineup is a BAD idea. fucking double plays...

Back