Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. redsox Game Thread April 5

Wow, They 'are' showing the pregame and Tigers introduced, I am so Pumped.

Giant-sized video screen a major plus on Comerica Park scoreboard. Just as valuable: Bigger, more visible radar-gun, pitch-count screen.

"MVP" chants for Verlander as he was introduced while warming up in the bullpen.

Doug Fister drew the biggest cheers of any Tiger, at least until Verlander was introduced.

Oh man, Kaline getting introduced to throw out the ceremonial first pitch,
geez, I got those tears of pride...

Fans do not like Brandon Inge..

yet, for some reason the analysts always talk about inge being a fan favorite...weird. Not sure when that will finally stop, but i look forward to the day when inge is a "former tiger".

WTF?

On ESPN2 they aren't showing that.

They had some ESPN:60 thing on Verlander.

I think it is because it is shown on the Detroit and boston stations that 'always have their game', FSD and nesn, it is blacked out in those cities,
probably shown everywhere else in the country

Bobby Valentine and Nick Punto on the top step, giving Al Kaline an ovation as he throws out first pitch.

Verlander pitching 1st inning,

pillsbury fastball for a strike call, fastball fouled back, belt high popped to left center and Young has it,

midget fastball just off the corner, fastball on the black strike call, belt high fastball popped to Santiago,

gonzalez fastball outside, again, high fly to Young,

Verlander 9 pitches.

Back