Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. royals Game Thread July 6

well that's gonna shut me up about Delmon for awhile,
didn't expect it,
letter high 4 seamer is hit deep to left for a 2 run homer,
Tigers lead 4 - 2.

If he was 7th or 8th maybe, but he still sucks for a 5 hole guy, but that's more on Leyland than Young.

Delmon can't help sucking, but at least Leyland should be able to recognize it and move him down the order.

If he was 7th or 8th maybe, but he still sucks for a 5 hole guy, but that's more on Leyland than Young.

Delmon can't help sucking, but at least Leyland should be able to recognize it and move him down the order.

Right, this is what pisses us off more than delmon sucking, Leyland keeping him in the 5th spot of the order. Stubborn old fart.

yeah and we just knew something bad would happen delmon in left and mudhen at 2B,
hope tonight is the last game that happens with both at those positions.
Throw in the fact that Ramon is making I believe his 2nd start ever at third. Weird lineup.

Villarreal pitching, Raburn to RF, Kelly to 3B, Santiago to 2B, and Berry to LF,

Last edited:

Which right handed batter would you put there. Cause you know Leyland thinks that Armageddon will happen if he puts lefties back to back.

I actually don't ever comment about DY's bat...it's his glove that kills me.

He should not be allowed in the field of play. He's a bloody moose on roller skates out there. Surprised there was no crater left when he fell on his ass.

Which right handed batter would you put there. Cause you know Leyland thinks that Armageddon will happen if he puts lefties back to back.

Anyone.

Any single hitter that is not a flat-footed, first-pitch-hacking, GIDP'ing, fat-assed useless bastard.

Top of my head is Avila, the lefty-lefty things only matters in late innings, and he had put Boesch in the 5 hole behind Prince.

But Peralta would be better too.

He should not be allowed in the field of play. He's a bloody moose on roller skates out there. Surprised there was no crater left when he fell on his ass.

He's a bloody moose on roller skates out there.

LOL!!!

lol

I'd love to see Delmon take the wall down one of these days....

2 run bomb = leyland benching lol that's the price you pay when starting him in the field though.

You don't think Smokes has learned a thing or two rollin' the dice down at Motorcity? That's called walking away while you're ahead.

You don't think Smokes has learned a thing or two rollin' the dice down at Motorcity? That's called walking away while you're ahead.

This.

What were the odds that Delmon was going to do anything else productive in this game?

Heck, the next week even.

Last edited:
Tonight marks the Tigers 26th game w/10+ strikeouts this season, 1 shy of 2011 total, which was most by a Tigers team since 1918.

Back