Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. twins Game Thread August 27

Tigers 4th inning,

Young lines the first pitch to left for a single,

Cabrera takes a fastball low, grounder to short for a double play, F

Martinez takes low, corner fastball lined down left foul, changeup in the dirt, changeup line drive single to left,

Avila fastball fouled back, takes a changeup low, fastball low, half swing on a changeup, in the dirt blocked full count, fouled back, swings and misses another changeup,

dgpavano with 50 pitches,

Tigers lead 2 - 0.

kingofdetroit57 said:
Rosenthal needs to lose those dumb ass bow ties.

I was thinking the same, but read it has to do with a cancer awareness.
so I cut him some slack.
but still looks a bit funny on a little guy.

[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]
kingofdetroit57 said:
Rosenthal needs to lose those dumb ass bow ties.

I was thinking the same, but read it has to do with a cancer awareness.
so I cut him some slack.
but still looks a bit funny on a little guy.
Wouldn't a tie clip or something like that suffice instead of looking like a complete asshole?

Did Leyland give Rod the day off, thought that was his gig, doing the nationally televised games.

Verlander 4th inning,

porkykubel strike call no, outside, on/off the outside corner, finally a corner strike, fastball fouled back, grounder to Cabrera smothers it and throws to JV covering first,

valencia grounder to Betemit and he fields it cleanly spins and throws to Cabrera,

tosoni fastball low, fastball strike call, bunts down third and Betemit lets it roll foul, ground foul, in the dirt, curve seemed in but ump says strike three,

Verlander with 76 pitches,

Tigers lead 2 - 0.

hellifino said:
Did Leyland give Rod the day off, thought that was his gig, doing the nationally televised games.
LOL! Rod will be in the Leyland Sunday lineup as our 2B and #3 hitter.

Settling in now and he has his pitch count a little more under control, although it's still a little high at 76. Let's go now, time to touch up Pavano.

Now lets hurt Pavano some more, 2 runs is probably enough, but I want him to bleed.

Nice to see Verlander settling down.. Maybe he wanted to start bad on purpose and see how well he could recover?

Back